Monday, September 9, 2019

Rotation 10: Olsen

>

After the success of the beach party in the Winchester's rotation, I decide I'd also like to do a few social events with the Olsens this rotation.

First, I wanted to try hosting a weenie roast, because that seemed like the perfect summer event, and second, I wanted to try hosting a charity auction with Miko, since that was also a super fitting event for her.


Miko needed to get her reputation up to pristine before the event would unlock, and I had her do that by going around the neighbourhood, and befriending the rest of the Paraneighbours.


She's got an incredibly friendly bonus trait that works absolute wonders, and she was able to instantly befriend almost everyone just by greeting them, which raised her reputation in no time.

By doing this she managed to become Persephone's only friend, which is hilarious because the only charity Persephone is interested in is the kind you get from helping yourself to someone else's bank account...


I also had Mio befriend Livy's hot lady squad, so that she'd be able to invite them to all her upcoming parties.

She's already sort-of friends with Hanna and Jess, since they're Will's moms, but a little extra bonding never hurt.


Andy did a little bit of bonding with Hanna, too, but in her own Andy way.


As for Will, he showed up while Luna was at school, broke her laptop, and then left. Thanks, Will.





Having made sure that Miko had befriended all of the neighbours, all that was left to do was wait for some good weather, and then send out a party invite.

Luna and Andy got in  a bit of pool time before I started rearranging the backyard to fit some firepits and extra seating.


Things were off to a good start...



...But it didn't take long for the entire party to go up in flames.

I like Cas' look of determination, like he doesn't give a fuck if the log next to him is on fire, he'll finish roasting his hot dog first, thanks, meanwhile Polly looks like she's running over to drag his idiot ass out of there.


Everyone did eventually evacuate the backyard to go panic on the sidewalk in front of the house instead.


"We're surrounded by idiots, Hanna."
They were all pretty bunched up together, but Alec made sure to stand off on his own with Hanna, so that he could give everyone else a disdainful look.

I decided it wasn't worth trying to put out the fire, ans salvage the party, so I just reloaded my game to try again. I did save it before the party started, so I lucked out there. 


Well I tried again, and a fire started almost immediately, so I had to restart and go for attempt #3...


And this time I thought I should maybe confiscate their chairs, in hopes that would prevent any more fires from breaking out.


That seemed to work okay, for a bit.



...And then Jess' guitar caught fire, and everything went to shit for a third time.

At this point, I had accepted that a weenie roast was not going to be happening. These idiots clearly don't know how to conduct themselves around fire, so I had revoke their weenie roast privileges entirely.


I still wanted to have some kind of party though, so I had Miko fire up the grill...


Andy set out some drinks, and I slapped down a couple of balloons and string lights...


And then I invited the Winchesters back over to have a nice, fire-free pool party.

Can't set themselves on fire if they're in a pool (except they're sims, so actually they probably could.)



>
Will, Jess and Hanna were also invited back, despite causing one of the three fires. Can't leave out the future in-laws, even if they do set your yard on fire. ;)


I re-employed my club gathering technique here, to ensure that they'd actually use the pool, as well as locking them all out of the house so that they'd stay in the backyard.

There's a public bathroom right outside the Olsen's lot, so that prevented any accidents of that sort.












>
I mentioned in the Winchester's last rotation that Miko and Andy liked to serenade each other, and this picture of Andy serenading Miko through the walls, while Ariel attempts to sleep, is an excellent example of that.


Miko likes to serenade Andy, too, but she's a little better at picking out a spot to do that.


Luna's birthday is coming up at the end of the rotation, so I had Miko do a little extra parenting in hopes of getting the 3 good values goal out of the way sooner. 


Luna did end up earning the three character values Mio needed for her aspiration, but I went ahead and got Ariel up to three as well, since she was pretty close already.


Outside of Miko's joint parenting sessions, these two don't really spend a lot of time together, but they've got a pretty good relationship in spite of that.


Miko's charity ball was up next, and after their disaster of a weenie roast, I was really hoping they'd actually be able to earn gold for this party.


All their kids were invited, along with their respective boyfriends and girlfriends, as usual.


Lacie was also invited along with the rest of the hot ladies this time, and was promptly unvited from any future parties by mixing herself five drinks in the few two hours.




The goal of the charity party is to collect 20,000 simoleons from your party guests, and thanks to Miko's many friendships, and maxed out charisma skill, she was able to secure that without any troubles.


The kids were mostly left to their own devices, and at one point Will decided to perform some bad karaoke for everyone.


Eventually I managed to corral all the kids upstairs to have their own private dance party, so that Miko could finish soliciting the adults for donations downstairs without Will's terrible singing distracting them.


Turns out all she really needed to do to get gold was collect the 20k in donations, so this went a lot smoother than their weenie roast party.


Found these three having their own private family meeting towards the end of the party. Not sure where Felix was, but I think he might have just straight up left by that point.


Miko and Andy tried to impress everybody with their own, much better karaoke at the end of the party, but the timer had jsut run out, so no one bothered to stick around for it.


Miko went home with a fancy silver trophy, and when I went to put it up I discovered that Ariel had won a similar rainbow trophy for drama club.

I think Miko might have also won a large, framed cheque, but it's possible the cheque is actually the silver party award and I'm mixing them up with another challenge save.



Fun fact: Miko managed to complete a third aspiration with all the befriending she did for this party! I tried to switch her over to Friend of the World once she completed her Super Parent one, and it autocompleted since she'd already met all the requirements.

I did give her Party Animal as a fourth, placeholder aspiration, but I don't really have any plans to complete that.


That brings me back around to Luna, who earned three character traits this birthday, as I mentioned earlier. I know she got responsible for sure, and I think the toher two might have been emotional control, and conflict resolution.

I went with neat as her third trait, so that she has one from Andy, and one from Miko.


The Olsens had a good amount of savings built up at this point, so it was time to open the second business of the Paraneighbours save - a vet clinic for Luna!

Pets was my first expansion, but I've never actually tried playing my own vet clinic, so I'm pretty pumped for this.



Alec and Rocket were her first patients, which was cute.


Luna's got a decently high vet skill from working at the crafting table, so Rocket's check up went over smoothly.

Alec was not able to run away this time, so that also helped. ;)



At the end of the first day she had a good rating for her wait times, but her "bedside manner" and ambience could use improvement.

I wasn't sure what was wrong with the bedside manner (turns out you're supposed to comfort the pets if they get stressed out), but I guess I could see why taking your pet to an empty room with nothing but an exam table might be a one star experience.


Will invites himself over when Luna gets back home from the clinic, which was excellent timing.








And with that, we have the first engagement of the second generation!

He won't be moving in until next rotation, because I have more than enough sims to take care of with all the Olsens living at home still. Plus, I was planning on playing the clinic again for the last day of their rotation, so it wasn't really necessary to have Will there. :P



Back at the clinic, I spruced up the examination room a little, so that her clients would stop complaining about the ambiance.


I brought kitty because she was in need of some treatment herself, and she proceeded to puke all over the examination room floor, as well as the lobby. Thanks, Kitty.


I frantically sent Luna to clean up all the cat puke before her next patients came in, which happened to be Mars and Persephone.


Mars took a dump outside the clinic right before Luna called him over. I just want that to be known.

These animals have absolutely zero respect for Luna or her clinic, clearly.



Luna managed to squeak her way up to one and a half stars at the end of the second day. Note that she still needs to work on ambiance, which I'm going to blame both Kitty and Mars for.


No comments:

Post a Comment