Friday, August 23, 2019

Rotation 9: Rudolf

>

As I mentioned in an earlier update, I bought Island Living as soon as it dropped, and I decided to make a couple of changes to my families.

The first change I wanted was to have the Rudolfs move to Sulani, so that I could experience a little bit of that island life without having to make a new family (and add yet another household to my rotations.) They weren't able to afford to move in this rotation, so I decided to hold off on moving them until the next one, and then use this rotation to have them earn some extra cash.

Cole finished his grilled cheese aspiration during Liv's rotation, and I switched him over to the painting one, which worked out perfectly because I was going to need to have him sell a lot of paintings to be able to afford their new house...



Camille worked on her creative aspiration, which she needed to complete before the end of this rotation, so that she could age up into a teenager.

Felix was also working on his music aspiration, so he joined her for a little father-daughter violin session.


Sometimes sims just line themselves up perfectly.



Cole now has the ability to summon grilled cheese sandwiches, which is awesome and I'm glad they brought it back, but I wish they'd also brought back the cool animation that went along with it in ts2.


Felix does not have the ability to magically summon sandwiches, so he cries in the closet for a bit.

Typical Felix behaviour; he's a very weepy boy with his eternal sadness quirk and his gloomy trait.



Liv popped by a for a visit, and as you can tell from the pictures, she stayed long enough that Cole finished two whole paintings while she was there.


I've mostly been having Felix feed off plasma packs, so I forgot how cool his darkform was until I directed him to ask Liv for a drink, and he switched over to that.



>
Liv left them a jar of honey on the way out? I'm pretty sure it wasn't an intentional game feature , but it was pretty damn cute. 




Camille decided to help herself, and was extremely impressed.


One bonus to moving the Rudolfs to Sulani: they no longer have to deal with the noisy bitch Winchesters across the hall.



Felix also contributed a few paintings this rotation, because he actually has a fairly high painting skill. I ended up keeping this one though, because it was too awesome not to sell.


Felix needed to perform a couple of surgeries to get another promotion at work, so I played through a bit of his career this rotation in order to get him to the next level. 


Andy and Alec both showed up to the hospital, but Alec left before I could get around to admitting him, because the wait was "taking too long."



Please note that he is slinking off in the background of this picture.

Livy suggested that he actually left because Alec the fearless vampire hunter is actually very scared of doctors and needles, and I'm inclined to agree with her.


Felix was able to admit Andy though, who apparently has a lot more patience than Alec does.




She got a x-ray, made Felix sick, and then happily made her way home after he administered her treatment. 



I had him treat one more patient, and then had him chug some medicine to get through the rest of his shift.


He managed to successfully complete one surgery this shift, leaving just two more to go before he can get promoted.


>
Isobel makes a quick appearance this rotation, and I'll be getting rid of the haunted trait once they move to Sulani, so she probably won't make another for a while.



Cole celebrates his birthday with a sugar-free carob coconut cake, and ages up into an adult.

Felix doesn't celebrate a birthday this rotation, but I will be curing him once Cole hits elderhood so that they can grow old together.


Liv ignores the freshly baked cake sitting out on the counter, and helps herself to a slice of something else from the fridge.


Camille also had some pretty crappy grades from missing an entire week of school, so Felix spent some of his free time helping her with homework.



Liv follows Felix to work the next day, and lets herself into the lab so that she can browse the internet.

She wasn't even a patient, she just came to use the computer, and then left.
  


Felix is now a high enough level that he's starting to get some emergency events at the hospital, which is very exciting!



He abandons his current patient to work on the new one, which means this poor sucker was just left in the machine, waiting for Felix to return.


I've noticed there's a bit of a bug with the emergency events and surgeries - he was having some trouble getting either surgery to complete, and I think I solved it by sending both the patients back to a hospital bed, finishing the emergency surgery first, and then the one he tried to do earlier.



He does eventually manage to finish both, which completes his goal of performing 3 surgeries. Felix gets a promotion, along with a trait that prevents him from getting sick as easily, which is awesome because he gets sick almost every time he goes in to the hospital.

I'm guessing the increased risk of sickness is part of the doctor career then, since you get a trait to prevent it. 



>
I'm like 95% sure this painting comes from concept art for Granite Falls, and it's pretty cool that they included it as an in-game painting. I think it'd be neat to see some of the concept art for other packs get added to the easel as possible paintings.



I played through another day of work with Felix, since his next goal was to deliver a baby, and I was pretty excited to see that happen.


Liberty Lee was the lucky mom-to-be, which is funny because in my game she's currently dating Summer Holiday. They're lesbians, EA.



He successfully delivers the baby, and there weren't any other operations going on so it went a lot smoother this time.

Felix also earned himself a pristine reputation from doing all these surgeries, which is pretty awesome.


Alec made a return to the hospital, and this time I managed to admit him to a bed before he could leave.



Getting a shot from a vampire doctor must be the stuff of Alec's nightmares. 



Zoe also swings by the hospital for treatment, and again, it goes much smoother than the operations he performed the other day.

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to operate on family members, but Felix is literally the only sim at this hospital who's qualified to perform surgery, so he and Zoe don't have much of


>

I kind of forgot about Love Day, so Felix and Cole celebrate by exchanging some flowers and a few lines of poetry.


Camille is not into the PDA, thank you very much.

Felix, of course, forgets that he's also supposed to hate participating in PDA. I'm pretty sure his brain just shuts off entirely whenever Cole's within a few feet of him, and that's why he never seems to care. He's thinking with the wrong head, if you catch my drift.



>
Cole needed to start building some logic skill for his master of the real branch, so I had him use Felix's chemistry table, while Felix took over painting duties for a bit.


>


The end of the rotation arrives, and Camille celebrates another birthday.


I gave her the new beach lift aspiration, and the child of the ocean trait to go with her music lover one.

Felix and Cole started the rotation with 20k, and made a whopping 40k with all their paintings and promotion money, meaning that they'll be able to afford to move into their  new beach house next rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment