Monday, July 29, 2019

Rotation 8: Talbot

>

The rotation starts off with Eugene and Scott's first attempt at a date. I sent them to a madeover Orchid A-Go-Go in Del Sol Valley, which I turned into an actual cinema in my game.

The reason I sent them here was that I have it the romantic aura lot trait, and I was hoping it'd get them in a flirtier and mood, and make them a little more successful with their attempts to woo each other.


Needless to say, it finally worked.


There wasn't a lot to do there besides order drinks and watch movies, so I sent them home, where these idiots finally realized they were capable of flirting on their own.

Good job, idiots.


They still hadn't had their first kiss though, so I decided to send them a slightly more ~scenic~ location for it.




Nothing says hot date like a trip to a pet cemetery.

Scott's such a cutie, look how happy he is. <3


Excuse me Cas? Go the fuck to bed, young man. At least it's not a trip to Sixam this time.


They finish off their 'date' with a little romp in a bush.

I like to think the graveyard was Eugene's idea, and woohooing in a bush was Scott's.



At home Persephone needs to stay focused while gaming for 2 straight hours, so she makes herself a cup of pitch black coffee, and hops on her laptop for a game of blicbock.


>
>
So I lasted like 2 days into their rotation before I ended up moving these three to a house in Brindleton Bay. I like this lot in particular because the layout had a second living space upstairs, and I thought it would be nice to give Persephone her own 'apartment' above the boys.

Now, I also liked their old apartment - it wasn't like space was an issue, it was that Mars was having a ridiculous amount of routing issues with the door, and couldn't leave the apartment on his own unless someone called him out into the hall first.

I'm really not sure what the issue is, because Jeff and Alec have never run into it with Rocket, and they've lived in all three of the other apartments in the same building!


I turned free real esate on to cover the price of the empty building, since they needed to get out of the apartments, but couldn't actually cover the cost of the house.

I did, however, make them pay for all their new furniture out of their funds, so their place is a little empty at the moment.


Well, most of the place. I may have gone overboard on Persephone's computer room upstairs, and then didn't really have much left for the downstairs living areas...


Scott celebrated their new house by pooping himself almost immediately.

I made him take a bath, and he had far too much fun for grown man that just pooped himself. For anyone who's keeping count, this is his third time.


Persephone needed to make some friends, and Tuesdays are Alien night at the bar, so I sent her out in search of some fellow aliens.

She found Felix first, who was sitting at a table inside with an umbrella. You do you, Felix.



It took a while for them to show up, but eventually my alien townies arrived! I made them all myself, and I love them. <3


Purple haired gal is a familiar face from a past update, and purple shirt gal is a loose recreation of one of my supernatural prosperity sims from TS2.


Fun thing that I forgot about until now, aliens have their own little secret greeting!

I'm thinking I might get Persephone together with one of the girls (or maybe just woohoo all of them, who knows), except for green hair cutie, because he is too pure and good for Persephone. (Also, I've got ~special~ plans for him as of rotation 10.)



Birds!!! :D





Scott was just as delighted by the birds as Mars was.


Too delighted, in fact. I had to send his idiot ass back inside to go calm himself down in front of the mirror before he died laughing over some dumb (but very delightful) birds.


I ended up switching Eugene over to the new freelance programming job, because I didn't have any other sims to play it with.

I would have liked to give it to Persephone as well, because freelance programming gigs were kind of what I wanted her to do when I came up with her character, but I also want her to top the crinimal career first.



This is exactly what I hoped for when I gave Eugene a very emotional combination of traits.



He's soon in the perfect mood for an angry rant, so I had him record another conspiracy video for his series. (Sadly I forgot to add the episode/series numbers like I had last time, oops.)



Mars got sick again, but they didn't have the money to fully treat him this time, so he had to suffer through the cone of shame for a few days.


They didn't do much for Winterfest this year, but Persephone did fight Father Winter for some presents.


She lost, so I had her wipe his memory so he wouldn't remember that she tried to beat his ass for some presents.  

Then, with the little bit of snowfall they got, something very shameful happened to Scott, something that did not involve pooping himself, for once!


Do you see that tiny pile of in front of the door? Okay, maybe not everyone would consider that tiny, but in Canada that is a laughable amount of snow.

Scott was trapped outside for a good hour because of that tiny pile of snow.

See, I gave them some laundry machines, and I thought the machine was buggy, because Scott couldn't put laundry in either of the machines. I tried moving the machines, I tried buying new machines, I tried resetting Scott, I tried restarting my game, I tried buying new machines again, and nothing.

Then I tried having Persephone do the laundry, and that worked? And that's when I tried to send Scott in the house to see if there was some sort of routing issue, and realized the poor idiot was trapped outside his own house, held hostage by a tiny pile of snow.


He did eventually make it back inside after he finished shovelling his tiny snowpile of shame, where he did the laundry, because Persephone had better things to do.


Luckily for Scott, Mars is always there at the ready to lick his face and make him feel better.


I discovered there's a stall out near the docks that sells fish, so I had Scott head down to check out what fish they had.


He bought a pufferfish, which I mounted in their living room so that Eugene could always remember his little fishy friend.


I also discovered that tou can actually fish down at the docks. Which makes sense, considering most worlds have a fishing location, I just haven't played enough of Brindleton Bay to realize there was one here.



He caught some fancy goldfish, so I bought them a fish tank to keep them in.

Fish were kind of boring in TS2, and mine died constantly, so I'm glad in 4 you can spice them up by keeping your own collection of caught fish, and they can't die.


>
Persephone got a new toy, in the form of a streaming drone. I was thinking maybe she could use it to record her grand bank heist.


I renamed it Wall-i, like the fish (but also as a little reference to Wall-E).


>
She also got a bunch of furniture for her upstairs 'apartment', because they had accumulated a decent amount of cash by the end of the rotation.

Brace yourself for some house redecoration spam!








I'm planning on moving Persephone to a place of her own eventually, but I really love how her little upstairs apartment looks right now.


You can't see it in the pictures, but she's got some skylights over her room and office.

They've actually added in some real glass floor tiles with Island Living, so she won't have to have knock-off dance floor ones in her new place, once she gets one.




I love the little picture frames you get from collecting bird feathers! They make such nice decorations. <3

Also, I took these at the very end of the rotation, so they living room might look a little different in a few pictures.


Eugene and Scott really don't use their bedroom much, but I decorated it anyways, because the bottom floor of the house looked really empty with just the living room done.




Thank you, Mars.

I can't tell if he's supposed to barking at Persephone, her food, or the toilet. It's Mars, though, so it's probably at all three.


Since I don't really celebrate any of the holidays with these three, I thought I'd made send them out to a community lot, and party it up for New Year's Eve.


Unfortunately, the community lot was compeltely dead, aside from one lonely bartender.



Well, at least they had quick service and a pool all to themselves?


I later realized that the romance festival was going on at the same time, and everyone was celebrating down there instead...


Now, obviously I bought Island Living as soon as it dropped, so that Persephone can become the mermaid I've always intended her to be, so there'll be some changes for these guys in the upcoming rotations! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment