Friday, July 12, 2019

Rotation 8: Mortis/Rudolf

Shaking things up with a joint rotation!


I made over all the Granite Falls lots a while back, and while I was decorating the bigger cabins I thought since there was so much room, it might be fun to take more than one household of sims camping.

Of course, what better sims to send on a big family vacation than Liv and Cole? Now, I know you can invite other families on vacation without living together, but I wanted to be able to control everyone, so I did end up merging them temporarily to make this arrangement work.

Liv and Zoe were still pretty broke from all of Zoe's wishes, but Cole and Felix had more than enough to foot the bill, thankfully.

 
I sent them to the biggest cabin, because it was the only one with enough beds for everyone, but also because I had just finished decorating it for this exact purpose.


Everyone was given new, festive clothing for the occasion. I went all out for this one.


Technically there were actually enough bedrooms for the kids to each have their own, but I had Camille and Kunal share anyways.

Family vacations are for bonding, after all.




Kunal does a little exploring on the first morning for one of his scouting badges. He strikes me as a nature-y sim, so I might have him go into one of the nature aspirations when he reaches his teen years.

 
Meanwhile, Liv gets a little too fancy with some knives. I don't think a family vacation in the woods is a good time to be practiving your knife throwing skills.





It does not take very long for someone to set themselves on fire. Thankfully Cole does not set any of the furniture around the campfire on fire this time.




It also does not take him very long to bust out his guitar. I quickly learned that whenever there was a campfire going, Cole would be there to play some tunes.





Felix gets sick one day into their vacation, but luckily I remembered to give them a computer, so he was able to order himself some medicine. 



His relationship with Camille is kind of low, mostly because sims seem to lose friendship points with him whenever he hisses, so this trip was a good opportunity to get in some father-daughter bonding time.


>
 >

>
Cole obviously brought his guitar, but I did pack up Camille's violin as well before everyone left for vacation so that she'd be able to work on her aspiration while on vacation.

I meant to bring Felix's violin, too, but I think I forgot it at home. That, or he managed to lose it one day into their vacation...


They finally got some snowfall on their second day! So I sent them out to the national park, which I equipped with a skating rink for winter vacations.



None of them were particularly good at it. I distinctly remember Felix seemed to be okay in one of Cole and Liv's earlier rotations, but he seems to have forgotten how to skate since.



I'd also added the pond from Get Famous to the park, because there's a real lack of ponds in the game, and discovered kids get these cute little animations when they play near it!



Cole broke out his guitar for another family campirefire gathering, and it got stuck to his hand after.

Thankfully I was able to click on it and have him stick it back in his inventory that.


The next day I took them to a little bar I build for the campgrounds, which also served as a place to play some tabletop games, and foosball.


Jeff was there, for some reason?




And then Hanna showed up...


And then Andy, and at this point I worked out that because this was a regular community lot, other sims would show up even if they weren't actively camping there.


She was very happy to see her bro Jeff there. They have such a good, pure friendship. <3



Carlotta also made an appearance, and because she leveled up her fame level during her rotation, she was accompanied by some paparazzi.


She let them take a few pictures of her, and then went outside to kick the trash bin over.

As you do.



It was fun seeing which of my paraneighbours showed up at the bar, although it was a little busier than I intended it to be. I kind of designed this place as a cosy, 'hang out with your family and play some board game while on vacation' spot, and it didn't quite fit that vibe with all the sims there, haha.


The next morning was Winterfest! And I was actually excited for it for once! Cole made a pancake breakfast for everyone, and they all hung out downstairs in their pajamas.




Kunal and Camille attempted to decorate the tree, although it wasn't working for a bit, so I was concerned that it was broken or bugged.


I was able to get Felix to successfully finish it off, so I don't know what the problem was. I think the kids kept stopping before they fully finished the action.


>


There are two kinds of couples.



Liv then discovered the secret globe bar, and Cole got started on preparing their Winterfest dinner. I did actually remember to make this one vegetarian-friendly, since both Cole and Kunal have that trait.





Kunal also discovered the secret globe bar, and it turns out kids have their own special little animation for it? It's really cute!



Cole called them all to dinner, and I am pleased to report that they all sat down and ate together, thanks to the magic of the place settings that came with Parenthood.




After dinner it was time for some presents.




I'd already had Felix set a couple presents under the tree, but Father Winter came along and added to their stash.




I was also able to get a few extra presents out of him by having the kids ask for one each. I don't remember what they got, but it sold for some decent cash, which they were going to need after dropping 10k on this vacation.




I don't usually play lots with a fireplace, so this was the first time I managed to catch Father Winter leaving through it.


>
>



I only just now learned that couples can snuggle by the bonfire? It's adorable.




>


Liv got the Polar Plunge acheivement/moodlet from taking a dip in the pond.

Luckily no one drowned this time. ;)


I tried to make the whole family gather around the bonfire that night, but they only stood around it long enough for me to take this picture before they all fucked off to do something else.


I threw a sauna in while I was redecorating the place, but these guys weren't super interested in it. I think Cole and Felix might have woohooed in it once when I wasn't paying attention, but aside from that, they didn't touch it for the rest of the vacation.


Kunal got a little too into living in the forest, and decided he was going to go through a bear phase. Like Luna, I ended it immediately, because this bear suit is just so dumb I can't deal with it.




Something I've seen a few times in my game, but never managed to get a picture of until now, is that clumsy sims drop plates when they wash them. I love the little trait details like this; I wish there were more of them.


>
>
Towards the end of the rotation, everyone started getting sick. First Liv...


Then Felix, again...



Then Cole, who's apparently too dumb to know better than to woohoo with his husband while he's sick. At least autonomous woohoo seems to be kicking in now?


There are two kinds of children.


Camille and Kunal were best buds by the end of this vacation, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I'll have to have them exchange residence keys next rotation, so that they'll come over to hang out more often.


New Year's Eve rolled around, and everyone dressed up in their party wear to celebrate.



I wasn't able to give them a fondue fountain, due to build mode being disabled, but they did enjoy some adult drinks together.




As well as another family dinner, with slightly less success than last time.


>
I was really hoping they'd watch the count down from the living room that I had so nicely decorated, but apparently the TV was inaccessible from being stuck over the fireplace, so they all crowded into one of the bedrooms to watch it there instead.


This was a really fun rotation! I think in the future I'd make it a little shorter, because they started running out of things to do by the end, and I wasn't able to give them any new items, but as far was this one went, I'd consider it a huge success.

It was really fun seeing them all bond and vacation together as one big family, and it made the playing the holidays a lot more enjoyable. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment