Saturday, July 6, 2019

Rotation 8: DiCarlo





>

Rotation 8 starts off with an average morning in the DiCarlo residence - Carlotta records another beauty video, as Jasper stomps around.


In an attempt to cheer him up, I invited Cas over to play some games. Jasper lost, which did not help his mood at all.



I moved on to plan B, which was to order a pizza using the smart speaker, because I have been looking for an opporunity to do so after discovering the option last round.




Man, that is a really thick crust pizza. I feel like pizza looked a lot more appetizing in the other games. It also looks like a shitty frozen pizza I once ate, so maybe I'm just having flashbacks to that.


It was at this point in the rotation that I realized something was wrong.

You see, I had forgotten that ghosts were culled if you didn't strengthen their connection? I got one pop up about it a few rotations ago, and I falsely assumed that would be the case every time it started to fade.

It was not.


Caleb's ghost was well and truly gone, so I had to go in and do some damage control. I loaded in the version of him I had saved to the gallery, and using MCCC to add his relationships back in with Lilith and Jasper.


I then had to kill the poor bastard once more, because I wanted him to be linked to an actual urn.

Jasper casually carrying his plate of pizza past the Grim Reaper and his dead dad cracks me up.


As does Carlotta deciding to bust a move behind him.

Carlotta has zero respect for dying people.


After the reaper collect Caleb's soul, I decided to have Carlotta chat him up a little. It turns out the Grim Reaper is a big fan, and she signed an autograph for him.


I learned two of the Reaper's traits from her chatting with him, which were evil and erratic. I once saw someone get a Reaper with the good trait on the sims subreddit, so I wonder if they're randomly assigned.



He floats down to the pool to pour himself a few drinks, and then Carlotta shows him some pictures on her phone before he takes off for good.



Isobel calls to let them know she's heard about the passing of someone close, which is hilarious because it's her idiot husband that I brought back only to kill him off again.


Jasper also brought home a school project this rotation, which poor Lilith had to finish entirely by herself.


He had the next school day off for Winterfest, so he went to a park in Windenburg with Cas to play in the snow, and exchange some gifts. 





They became partners in crime, so they can now plan pranks together. Cas is good bean, but Jasper is definitely a bad influence, if his attempt to play hooky with Cas at the start of his rotation is anything to go by.



This alien townie really liked their snowman. He's adorable, and I need to find someone to pair him up with eventually.



Back at home, I discovered parents/caretakers can ask kids if they've been good on Winterfest? And it's really fucking cute.




Also cute: Caleb interacting with his boy. I ended up asking him to move in as a ghost, because I didn't want him to get culled again in the future.

I know there's an option in MCCC to prevent that, but I could have sworn I gave Caleb that flag, and it did nothing.


They sit down for a holiday dinner together, where Caleb weeps over his turkey because he's a vampire and sad.


He gives Jasper a gift, which I think was an extra voodoo doll that Carlotta had lying around. A solid Winterfest gift for any kid, really.


Then Father Winter himself appears, along with Cas, for some reason.



Carlotta fights him for a present again, as Lilith and Cas look on.



Sadly, she loses to him this time, so she gives him a 'mean gift' that looks like a fart in a box.


Upstairs, Caleb decides to play with Jasper for a little bit, which would be cute if he was wearing some actual clothes.

I'm not even sure that he's wearing underwear; he straight up looks naked here. 



He does get dressed eventually, and wanders into the bathroom, where he burns some dollars in the fireplace.

This puts him in a focused mood, for some reason.


I stopped playing them after Winterfest, and when I came back to their lot I found him dancing in his underwear.

Given how visible his underwear is in this picture, I think he might actually be naked in the other one.


Lilith comes down to join him for a little underwear dance party. They match, which is kind of weird; I should probably change one of them to something else.


I flag-froze his physique before killing him off, so this idiot can actually eat as much as he wants without getting fat this time.

You're welcome, Caleb.


Jasper needs to befriend three kids for his aspiration, so I had him invite over Cas, Polly, and Ariel to befriend. He's already maxed out his friendship with Cas at this point, but it only felt right to let him tag along with the girls.

Carlotta standing around a bunch of children with that lighting looks so ominous.



These nerds tried to do their homework at first, because the option to start a multiplayer gaming session wasn't working, but I was able to get them to join Jasper in the living room after I reloaded the lot.



This version of Caleb is allergic to clothes, apparently.

Anyways, Jasper managed to befriend both of the girls, and I think the last goal he needed was to befriend two adults. For some reason it doesn't count caretakers, so I ended up completing the goal with MCCC. I feel like parents should count, and I didn't really need or want him to be friends with random adult townies. 



Persephone's starting to build her handiness skill, so I sent Carlotta off to my bank lot to deposit some money, so that it'll be ready as soon as Persephone is.


It was a little empty, but I had a fantastic idea for livening up the place: I've created a club of all my detective sims (npc and playable), and all my criminal sims, and set it as their club hang out.

Their club activities are set to fight each other, so I'm hoping that the game will load the club members whenever I visit the lot, and they'll go around fighting each other as Persephone loots the place.



Carlotta has acheived level three fame through her video station uploads and restaurant reviews, so she has another slot free for a new quirk. I'm trying to get the juiceaholic one for her, so I've started having her mix and consume a lot of drinks.



It made for a good New Year's Eve party, because I hadn't really planned on doing anything else.



She got an interesting job request from one of the fame perks at the end of the rotation, which involved her recording an angry rant.


To complete it I had her challenge Jasper to a video game, because he was better than her, and I knew she'd get upset upon losing.



The plan worked as expected, and she recorded this beautiful rant at the recording station. She was praised for delivering exactly what the client wanted, but the client wanted a gaming video, so I'm not sure how a rant about her rival fits in to that.



I'm pretty excited for their next rotation, because Jasper's going to age up, and teenage Jasper seems like he's going to be fun to play.

Plus, he gets on like a house on fire with Cas, and I've been dying to set them up. It'd be perfect. Carlotta and Alec hate each other, what's better than their respective kids dating?


 Is it too early to ship it? I don't think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment