Friday, June 28, 2019

Rotation 8: Olsen

>
This rotation starts off with the thing I am most excited for, which is sending Will and Luna out on some cute dates!

There are a lot of pictures of them this rotation. A lot.



Their first date is at the same Christmas-y (sorry, Winterfest-y) cafe that I sent the twins to in their rotation. They don't go skating this time, but they get some delicious pastries to eat.


Will is such a cutie, oh my goodness. <3




I can't tell if this animation is supposed to be 'really needs to pee' or 'trying to hide a boner'.



Where did he pull that cupcake out from??? Luna looks like she's trying to figure that out.




Their first 'date' is a huge success, and they share their first kiss at the end of the night. <3



Luna brings Will back home, and into the closet for a little make-out action.


Meanwhile, Miko gets abducted?



Once Luna and Will emerge from the closet, she asks him to be her boyfriend, and he accepts. Look how excited he looks! I love these pastel cuties. <3


>
Will goes upstairs to introduce himself to Ariel, and then takes off for the night.

Ariel is entirely unimpressed.



He attempts to ask Luna to play hooky with him and go on a date the next day, but I didn't accept because I want Luna to focus on school first.

Also? I'm not gonna let two teenagers go on a date to a bar. 


Luna returns home from school with a project, and she got the bottle rocket which sounds fun.


Sadly she only got a good quality one on her first try, despite having Miko's help.


Ariel did not return home with a project, but with a rainbow over her head. Google says this is from having the good schools lot trait, but it really just looks like she's come out as gay.



Will tries one more time to get Luna to go out on another date with him, and since she's home with nothing better to do, I finally accepted.




He takes her out to my all day breakfast restaurant, and they order some desserts and tiny cups of coffee that I can't remember the name of.


I forgot I had Miko set a curfew back home, so Luna almost got in trouble for staying out too late. Whoops! I should actually try missing it once, and see what happens.



Since I was planning on throwing an actual party for New Year's Eve, I didn't really do anything special for Winterfest.

They opened some presents, and had a grand feast, but no one stopped by to visit.


They also took a little dip together as a family in the hot tub.


While they didn't have any visitors for Winterfest, Alec did actually make a surprise  appearance the next day.


It was the season premiere holiday, so he sat down to watch it with Miko after they finished building a snowman together.

They're a weird pair of friends, but it's such a wholesome friendship. The quiet counterpart to Andy and Jeff's constant bro-fests. 


Will and Luna head out on yet another date once she gets off school. This time I sent them to a little ice cream parlour I built, which I've been looking forward to using, I just hadn't found a good opportunity until now.



<3 <3 <3



Cool Kitchen stuff is kind of an ehhh stuff pack, but oh my god, being able to make actual ice cream restaurants with Dine Out is amazing. So much variety with the different ice cream flavours! Sims actually hold and eat them properly!


They have a little brain freeze animation! I love it. <3


Will accompanies Luna home after their date, where he awkwardly stands in the living room and watches the family watch some TV.


I noticed they were able to exchange promise rings, and while I'm not really sure what purpose that serves, it seemed cute so I had them do it.



After that I discovered that teens can autonomously woohoo?? I'm used to the days of ts2 where sims couldn't do anything raunchier than making out, so it really took me off guard, haha.

Anyways, Luna and Will decided to have their first time in Andy's rocket ship. Go big or go home, right?


The next morning I discovered another new interaction for teens, which was being able to ask parents about woohoo.

Luna asks like she doesn't already know, and Andy gives her a look that says 'okay kiddo, sure'.


Luna brings Will home from school, and Ariel brings Polly home. I've spent a lot of time focusing on Luna and Will already, so I left them to their own devices, and worked on having Polly and Ariel bond a little more.


I bought this voidcritter thing back when Luna and Ariel were both kids, but they never ended up using it, so she played a little voidcritters with Polly instead.


Poor Ariel's been a little neglected this rotation (I feel like that's always the case with her), but she has been slowly working on her aspiration.

I do plan to play out the actress career with her, so she'll get a bit more attention in the future when she's old enough to start working on that.


I've also been working on getting three positive character trait values with her, since Miko needs that for her Super Parent aspiration. I can't quite remember, but I think I had three of the values in the range to earn a trait when I finished their rotation.



I ended up building another bottle rocket with Luna and Andy to get an excellent quality one, and you can actually launch them which is pretty cute!




>
The last day of the rotation rolled around, and it was time for the New Year's Eve party! I put actual effort into decorating their house for it, and broke out the fancy fondue fountain.





 >

I invited Will and Hanna Hendrick, along with Jeff, Alec, their twins, Liv, and Cole. I would have liked to invite everyone's spouses and kids, but Andy and Miko didn't know everybody (and that seemed like a lot of sims.)

I also barricaded some of the rooms, as you can see, to keep everyone mingling in the living room.






At first everyone just kind of stood around, which had me concerned, but they livened up after the count down was over.




Alec is complaining about a pile of garbage that was hidden somewhere in the kitchen.






I always give these two the gay Christmas tree, so they had a lot of rainbow streamers to match.






I took a lot of pictures; it's so rare that any of my parties actually look like parties! Fencing off parts of the house was an A+ move that I will now be using for all of my social events.

There's a charity event that comes with having a good reputation, and I think I'll have Miko work towards that so they can throw one of those some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment