Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Rotation 9: Winchester

>

Last rotation I gave Alec a secret murder shack rocket bunker to help finish off some of his aspiration goals, so he starts out this rotation by working on the ship.

Rocket the dog is scared of rocket the ship, and so he decides the best way to handle this was cower beside Alec and whine occasionally.



Jeff had tagged along, so I eventually had him call Rocket upstairs, and take him for a walk.


Back at home, the twins are doing... whatever this is.



It's time for Jeff and Alec to celebrate a birthday, but Cas swiped a slice of their cake before I could get some candles on it, so I had to have Jeff bake a second cake.

I was not impressed.




In an attempt to make them look a little more middle-aged (they've been young adults for ages), I added some greying hair to Alec, and a few (very hard to see) wrinkles to Jeffery.



I wanted to have a sort of waterpark-type lot for my sim kids, so I made a little outer space themed splashpad in the park from Oasis Springs.




Jeff took the kids there after school, and Andy showed up to hang out with her favourite bro.




The park also featured some weird lounge-type building, which I turned into an indoor playcentre. I figured a lot of the kids' toys are pretty big, so this would be good for my apartment-based families who don't really have the space for a giant tree-shaped dollhouse.


Alec returned home from work that night with a promotion, which means he has now topped his chef career!

I've kind of given up on the idea of him running a restaurant at this point, because from what I've seen he wouldn't even be cooking in it, he'd just be managing the place, and that's not really what I want.


He spends the rest of his night baking some cakes for Polly and Cas, who also have a birthday this rotation! Luckily no one "sampled" any of the cakes this time, so he didn't need to bake any replacements.



I gave Polly the collector aspiration from the nature section, and she finally got her dance machine trait to go with her active one.

I'd like to do the astronaut career with her, so collector seems like a suitable aspiration for a future space bounty hunter. It's only fitting after their little Sixam adventure as toddlers. ;)


Cas is working on renaissance sim from the knowledge section at this point, but I caved bought the jungle adventures during the second summer sale we had, so I might end up doing the archaeology one with him instead. I think that would be a good counterpart to Polly's space adventures.

His second trait is geek, to go along with perfectionist.


They both attempted to complete some homework before going to school, which was very wholesome and good, but I had other plans for them...



A little family vacation to Granite Falls! When I was fixing up the cabins for my Mortis-Rudolf family holiday last rotation, I also found a cabin that would be perfect for these four, and couldn't resist.



This vacation house is probably my favourite of the bunch. I love the open balcony floorplan that has the upstairs bedroom overlooking the kitchen (and I love that the furniture on the bottom floor is actually visible, unlike Carlotta's apartment).

I actually remembered to take some extra pictures of the lot this time, so enjoy a little makeover picspam:








If you could own vacation houses in the sims 4, I definitely would have bought this one for the Winchesters. I love it so much.




In the time it takes them to settle into the cabin, some rocks have popped up, so I sent Polly out to collect all the things.






Another feature I really like in this house is the hot tub out on the balcony that has an amazing view. Jeff and Alec also seem to like it, but for different reasons...



Yes, they are still trying to persuade me to let them have another baby, and yes, I am still ignoring them.





They don't have a grill back home because there's no outdoor balcony, so I had Alec take advantage of the great outdoors, and grill all their meals while on vacation.


They also had enough space for a waterslide finally, which Jeff was extremely pleased with.


I discovered that there's a workout dance option on the television (I'm guessing it comes with fitness stuff), and it's very cute. I wish they had a little more space in their apartment living room for Polly to do them back home.




>
>
Andy apparently followed them all the way to Granite Falls, and just dropped in unannounced for some more bro time with Jeff.


And then Miko showed up too??


Yes, yes, very cute, but you can't just invite yourself to someone else's vacation, guys.



Miko left after everyone else went to bed, and Andy had a little chat with Rocket, and then took a few turns on the waterslide before she finally went back home.


The season premiere holiday was on during their vacation, so they all sat down to watch it together as a family, which was cute.


Cas went upstairs to work on reading another book for his aspiration, which he chose to do standing up, in the bathroom, for some reason...


...And then disaster struck downstairs.

Honestly, I kind of forget that putting carpets next to fireplaces in the sims is a bad idea, because we have a carpeted basement with a fireplace, and the worst that's happened in the last twenty years is just a few melted holes in the carpet from the embers.



Jeff immediately put himself out, so by the time the rest of the family got downstairs, all that was left was a burnt couch, and a lil pile of soot in place of the carpet.


Their vacation was about to end, so I just replaced the burnt furniture, and had Jeff take a bath before they went back home.

I'll have to remember to replace the carpet at some point (and maybe send a handy sim on vacation to upgrade the fireplace and prevent any future fires...)


Love Day was the next day, and Alec's secret rocket bunker was decorated with little paper hearts when I sent him there to finish off his rocket ship. 



The decorations ended up being very appropriate, because I didn't really have enough time to send them out on a proper date, so I just had them woohoo in the finished rocket to celebrate.



They both did this confident lil strut out of the bunker when they finished, they're such dorks.


Their rocket ship date earned them a gold date reward, which I put up on the bookshelf next to all their pictures. This wall has kinda turned into a shrine for their love (and dog supplies).



Jeff also manages to top his career this rotation, earning him a few trophies for his workout room.



Then Polly got an invitation from Ariel to come celebrate her birthday? I've gotten this pop-up from other sims before, but I usually ignored them because my sims had better things to do.

However, I decided to check it out this time to see what would happen.



Everyone was in their party wear when I arrived, and Jasper and Carlotta were amongst the guests. None of the other Paraneighbours were there, so I'm not sure why the game picked Carlotta. She doesn't even live in the same neighbourhood, and also she hates everyone?

Jasper is friends with Ariel, so that made sense at least.


It turns out going to a sim's birthday party actually ages that sim up, so it's good that this was the only birthday party I actually tried to attend, because Ariel was about to age up next rotation anyways.


Then Andy got abducted, so I decided to end both the party and the rotation there.

I'll go over Ariel's stats in her own rotation, because it makes more sense to include them in there. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment