Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Rotation 9: Olsen

>


Ariel starts this rotation off as a teenager, because she got a little impatient during the Winchester's rotation and decided to throw herself a birthday party.

I went with Master Actress for her aspiration, and snob to go with her creative trait. Sims 4 really lacks a good serious/no-nonsense kind of trait, so snob was the closest thing I could think of to that.


Unlike Ariel, Andy and Miko patiently waited for their rotation to celebrate their birthdays, so they got to have an actual cake.



Andy's face glitched out as expected, but I did a little plastic surgery with MCCC and got her looking like herself again.



Miko aged a little more gracefully thanks to her human genetics, but I did go into CAS to give her a pair of glasses.


I added StrangerVille to my collection of packs, along with Island Living and Jungle Adventures, and so this rotation I decided to expand Andy's labratory a little bit, since SV had some good science-y items.

Her old lab was turned into a laundry room for the family, and I moved Luna's crafting station down here to free up some space in her bedroom.


The laundry room has a set of stair leading down into their new basement, which is just spacious enough to house all of Andy's lab stuff.

Her first order of business was to construct a wormhole generator, so that she could visit Sixam without me needing to follow her to work.


She's also got an object cloner over in the corner, because it makes crafting stuff so much easier.


And in this corner, a better display shelf for all her little alien pets. Just ignore the weird plant on the right; I don't know where she found that. ;) 


Their rocket got replaced by an observatory (which I shrunk down to fit the balcony a bit better), since I've got a finished rocket on the secret bunker lot that's accessible to all my families.


Ariel's room also got a little bit of redecoration, to make it look a little more grown-up.


She's been working on her acting skill now that she's a teen, and I'll have to make sure she starts building some other skills like fitness and handiness too, because I know she'll need them for performances and auditions eventually.

>

Kitty decided to take a bath on top of the kitchen counter, and then got scared when the dishwasher turned on.

It was actually really funny to catch that happening; it makes me wonder if I've missed anything else like that when I'm not paying attention to her...


Everyone else was at work, or school, so I kept an eye on Kitty for the rest of the afternoon to see what else she'd get up to.



Polly showed up for a dip in the pool, and tried to befriend Kitty. It didn't seem to go over very well.



>

Luna brought Will home from school, and the two of them very quickly found their way into the hot tub.



Polly hung around until Ariel got back from drama club, so the two of them had a little bonding session in the pool for a bit.


I had Ariel practice a 'romantic scene' with her after they got out of the pool, which I was hoping would lead to some flirting, but Polly decided to bounce after that.



Their week was extremely uneventful; everyone in this family has work or school the whole week, and they really only have the evenings and weekends free for activities. (And then usually by the time they've come home, they're too tire/hungry to do anything fun.)

Polly did come over most days to hang out, so Ariel was able to get a little more bonding in with her, at least.



>
>
>
The romance festival lined up with the end of their rotation, which was great because it gave them a good weekend activity to do.


Luna invited Will, Ariel invited Polly, and Alec invited himself.



The girls grabbed some sakura tea, and sat down at a table together to chat.


 Hi, Alec.


Everyone was feeling flirty from the tea, I thought it would be a good time to get a little flirting going between Ariel and Polly (once I sent Luna away), but Alec had to go and ruin that plan by joining them at the table.


He got up after a few minutes, and I thought I could go on with my plans, but then he sat down at a different table and continued to watch them.

Alec, please. Let your daughter flirt in peace. 


Then Jeff arrived, and Alec got up once again...



...Only for Jeff to take a seat at their table instead.

Now, this is not an isolated incident. Not only have these two started following their kids around in my game, but they've started doing it in Livy's game too. I don't know where this compulsive need to spy on their kids has come from, but at least it's amusing.


They did eventually get distracted by each other, but at that point it was getting late, and I needed to send the Olsens back home.


I discovered at the end of the Olsen's rotation that I'd fucked up and forgotten to turn aging on - I'd turned it off so that Andy could have a little side adventure relating to the new StrangerVille pack.

So, I ended up hopping back into to play these guys for another week to make sure they were properly aged.


Ariel invited Polly over, and they were finally able to get some flirting done without Jeff or Alec spying on them.



>
The Olsens had another fairly uneventful week - a lot of fast forwarding through school and work again, but I did squeeze in a proper date for Ariel and Polly at the end of it.

I sent them to Magnolia Promenade, where I had built a little beauty bar with a salon, yoga studio, massage parlour, and juice bar in one shared building.

I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out, so have a few pictures of the interior (since this update is a little light on content, anyways):








>
The spa stuff wasn't super great for date activities, so I sent them to the juice bar upstairs to flirt a bit.



Ariel asked Polly to be her girlfriend, and they took a selfie to commemorate.

It's such a rare animation to get, and whenever it happens in my game, it's always somewhere where I can't get a good photo of it. Like in front of a door. :P


I lost track of Polly for a bit after that, so I sent Ariel to the salon downstairs for a quick hand massage.



Eventually I was able to track her down once a yoga class started up.


After their yoga Ariel made sure to show off her cute workout clothes, because that's definitely the most important part of working out, right?

Not the most exciting update, but Andy also got her own little side adventure this rotation, so I'll be posting that once the rest of the updates are out for the other families. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment