Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Rotation 6: DiCarlo

c
Starting off Carlotta's rotation with a tour of her fancy new apartment, located in the Spire building in uptown.




The main floor has the kitchen, which they will actually need now that Lilith and Jasper can both eat food, living room, a workspace for Carlotta to write shitty reviews, and one unpictured bathroom.

I kept the original apartment layout almost exactly, including the toilet that the game developers so thoughtfully put right next to a giant ass window.


There's also a balcony, and I'd like to note that due to the lack of hot tubs in the basegame, the developers just put a fucking bathtub out there instead.

I was going to keep it, except the really fancy bathroom upstairs also had a bathtub, so I just replaced it with a kiddie pool.




The level down has a pool, bar, sauna, and hot tub, and is also my favourite room in the house.


The upper floor has Carlotta's vault, which is kind of awkwardly placed because there wasn't enough space for it to have its own room, and also you can't section it off with a wall like closets? So there's just kinda a big space at the top between the apartment ceiling and the ceiling of the vault.







Carlotta's bedroom is a little smaller than her last one, but to make up for it she has a big fancy bathroom with a tub, fireplace, and closet area with a vanity. There's no toilet because there wasn't really a good place to stick it.


I did have to pop into their place for a bit during my Olsen rotation, because apparently ghosts will fade away if you don't use some special interaction to keep them bound to the world, or some bullshit.

Lilith looks like she's recounting the five times she kicked Alec's ass. "-And then I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and sent his ass skyward."


Caleb got a very touching epitaph, courtesy of yours truly. <3


The first thing Carlotta did after moving in? Smash Jasper's castle, of course.




It turns out vampires, like many things in TS4, are bugged, so if you cure them they actually retain their vampire weaknesses? Lilith couldn't eat any human food without throwing up, and I had to clear the vampire buff using MCCC every time I loaded their lot.

I have very little faith in this being fixed any time soon. I might just have to turn her back into a vampire at some point.


Another fun glitch is that items on the main level disappear when you view them from the second level, resulting in scenarios like this, where Jasper looks like he's about to fall to his doom.

At least this one is harmless and mildly entertaining, although as someone who spends a lot of time decorating it's also mildly annoying that it ruins the look of having an open balcony on the floor above.


One final complaint about their new apartment - the entrance is ridiculously bright. I've tried adjusting the lighting settings in here, but I think the combination of the windows and windowed front door is fucking with the lighting.

Carlotta and Jasper look like they just got beamed down from a spaceship and are here to fuck your shit up.


It did not take long for Carlotta to develop a bad reputation; I had her drink plasma from this celebrity townie, and it plummeted immediately.



She also insulted their toilet, and now it hates her.



A lot of people hate Carlotta, actually. Just look at these screenshots from her relationships panel that I took near the end of the rotation! Literally the only people who like her are Lilith, Isobel, and Caleb, and of those three sims, one is a complete idiot.

The toilet actually hates her more than Alec does, which is super hilarious.


Her relationship with Jasper is also pretty shitty, largely because she a) will not stop terrorizing his castle and b) brings him out to bars where she proceeds to consume all the drinks and completely ignore him.


It's important to note that both Alec, Lilith, and Carlotta were set as caretakers for their respective children, as the game wouldn't recognize either of them as a guardian otherwise. Alec dotes on his little alien babies, while Carlotta gives 0 shits about babies and parenting in general.

Lilith sort of falls somewhere in between, where she does take care of Jasper, but definitely does not autonomously interact with him as much as Alec does with the twins.



That being said, Jasper does have a pretty good relationship with Lilith. Which is nice; I'd feel a little bad if I killed off his parents only to have him hate both of his new guardians.


Speaking of Jasper's parents, Caleb made his first appearance a few days into the rotation! He was sad at first...



...and then Jasper came running in for a hug, and that cheered Caleb up immediately. It was super adorable.

Caleb also seems to (somehow) have gained weight as a ghost? I ended up editing him back down to his actual size in CAS (and I also gave him some more rings that came with Get Famous but they're not super visible.)

Leave it to this idiot to figure out how to get chubby when he has no need to eat, or even organs.






Carlotta's basically just living my dream life in this apartment. I want to be able to lounge on the balcony of a fancy apartment in a kiddie pool, while a hot girl eats grilled cheese in lingerie next to me. That sounds nice.




Even Jasper's got it pretty good with his own little tablet.


I have had a little trouble getting some of Carlotta's tasks to register as completed. It doesn't seem to like when she reviews multiple drinks in a row, but sometimes they show up after she travels home, or travels around to several different bars to review stuff.

During one attempt to have her complete the review task before her next work day started, I discovered she was able to hire Alec to work the bar at the gym in Uptown.



Carlotta writes a shitty review, meanwhile Alec side-eyes the camera like he's on the office. Personally I would not trust that drink. 


Hilariously, she actually got a negative moodlet because it was a shitty drink (despite the fact that Alec actually has a pretty high mixology skill.) He must have fucked it up on purpose. 

Again, shouldn't have trusted that drink!


Somethign else I discovered is that you can actually order pizza? With the new smart speaker from a free update?? I kind of just assumed delivery wasn't a thing in 4, I'm going to have to try this out some time.



I've been tanking Carlotta's reputation this rotation by having her go around and drink plasma in front of large groups of sims. She seems to lose more when it's a celebrity, although I can't confirm if that actually loses more points or if it just seemed like it.


I also tried to raise her fame level by having her fight celebrities, but it didn't seem to do a lot. She got a much bigger boost by writing & publishing another 'fuck you, Alec' book.


Her first celebrity quirk is the vain one, and I've downloaded a mod that lets vampires turn on reflections so that she can properly admire herself now.



It's a little annoying, because she seems to get tense pretty fast if she doesn't check herself out, but having the option to 'admire fine self' is pretty amusing, and having another thing I need to make her do regularly is nice, considering vampire motives are a lot easier to manage.


I'm pretty sure whoever designed the original apartment layout is a bit of an exhibitionist.

That being said, I feel like it's 100% in character for Carlotta to bare her female-presenting nipples to all of San Myshuno whenever she feels like a bath, so I'm not gonna change it.











.

 ,
Jasper aged up at the end of the rotation, and like Ariel, I didn't take a lot of pictures because I got a little distracted playing with Carlotta and the new Get Famous stuff.


I had them throw a little party for his birthday, which probably would have been better if half the city didn't hate Carlotta and they had actual guests to invite.



Jasper also earned the Happy Toddler trait thanks to the tablet. I went with social butterfly for his aspiration, and hotheaded as his trait.




What a little cutie. <3 I'll try to make sure I take more pictures of everyone as kids, since they've been getting a little neglected as toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment