Thursday, April 25, 2019

Rotation 6: Mortis

c
I went ahead and moved Liv and Zoe into a house this rotation - on my vampire's old lot - so that I had an apartment to move my newest household into.


With lots of new yardspace, I built Liv a little 'greenhouse' since plants seem to do okay inside. I think they might actually do better inside than outside, but I'm not sure because I haven't played with gardening too much.


Another nice thing about having more space is that they can start keeping some bees!


Apparently if you bond with the bees you can sic them on other sims and fun stuff like that, so I think I'll try having Liv bond with them and see what kind of chaos she can then cause.



I also gave them a swing set, and set up Liv's flower bench outdoors. Their backyard is very nice, but their house is very empty because I used up most of their budget on the house itself, so I didn't take a lot of pictures of it yet.


I had Zoe join the entertainment career; she has the goofy personality trait comedy so I thought comedy might be fitting for her.


Liv got a special chance card very early on, which is nice because they do not have much money, especially after buying Zoe a computer for her career work.


It's also nice to see that the career situations aren't super heteronormative! Although I'm not sure if they're actually coded to take your sim's romantic preference into consideration, or if this scenario just always has the fiancee accused of flirting with your sim regardless of gender.



I am a little prone to making impulse decisions with my sims (for example, having Carlotta send a break up letter to Jeff and Alec...) and this rotation I decided that in spite of having almost no money, I'm gonna have Liv and Zoe have a baby.

It was mostly because I'd like all the kids to be somewhat close in age this generation, but also partly because I'm an idiot.


Okay I don't understand why pregnant sims are allowed to beekeep without a suit. This seems like a very bad idea.


Questionable beekeeping practices aside, these little honey jars are cute! I kinda want to have Liv open a business now, so she can sell her bouquets and honey. It might be a little more realistic than my restaurant plan for Alec.

Maybe next rotation they'll have saved enough to open a small store.


I sent Zoe and Liv off to GeekCon, where it turns out pregnant sims can't actually use the gaming pads (but beekeeping without a suit is totally okay!)

I was hoping to have them win a small prize that I could then sell, but they suck at both gaming and programming so they did not earn any extra money that day, sadly.


Awesome. This definitely helps their financial situation. Thank you, Zoe.


The fire wasn't too much of an issue (I can't remember if I had to replace the stove or not, but at the very least no one died), but I then had to buy Zoe a violin for her entertainment career so she build a musical skill and do her daily tasks for faster promotions.

I realized while writing this up that I probably could have just bought a bookcase and then a skill book...



Felix and Cole paid a short visit so Liv could share her baby news with them.









Okay once again this does not seem like a very good idea. I mean, it's only filled with koi because they were the cheapest option, so Liv was not in any actual danger, but still...










Baby time!


Felix is manning the desk at the hospital today, which is good because delivering your sort-of sister-in-law's baby seems like an awkward scenario to be in.

Also, in true vampire fashion, he has accessorized his scrubs with some elegant little gloves and rings. Very nice, Felix.


Oh, and of course the air pods are still in.

And look at that, Zoe has already settled in to the waiting area to watch some tv. It's probably the fucking cooking channel again. I should really just delete the entire tv next time Felix has a shift at the hospital.


Liv has her baby, and Zoe continues to to watch TV out in the waiting room. Liv and Jeff could start a support group for parents who were abandoned in the delivery room because the cooking channel was on, and their significant other really needed to learn some new recipes right that second.


She then returns home and temporarily gets stuck on her doorstep, but I was able to fix that with MCCC.

Not too sure what caused this; my births so far have thankfully been very glitch free. She did look very zombie-like, at least.



Skipping ahead to the baby's birthday! If you're wondering why their kid was so weirdly pale during the baby stage (I definitely was), I figured it out upon aging him up.

See, Liv has a custom skintone that puts her at the end of the range, while Zoe has a medium tone. From what my friend has told me, the game pulls a random tone between the parents tone range, and their baby happened to get a custom tone that I'm guessing didn't have a corresponding baby stage.

The skin he grew up with was actually from a werewolf set, so I then switched him to a human skin in a similar tone.


Anyways, now that he's all grown up and has a proper skin tone, he's very cute! I wanted a flower-y name for their kid, so I went with Kunal because it means lotus.

I gave him the independent trait, because potty training is really annoying at the first skill level, and independent toddlers can train themselves.


I've learned from playing Andy and Miko that having toddlers go up and down stairs all the time is a huge pain in the ass, so I put Kunal's bed and potty in their bedroom.


The stairs leading down to the garden are much more manageable though, so he spent a lot of time playing outside.



The water wiggler was one of my favourite items in TS2, so I'm really happy they brought sprinklers back in 4!

I kinda feel like Seasons did a better job at introducing toddler activity items than the actual toddler pack did. The sprinkler and kiddie pool are both really nice, and I see myself using them way more than the atrocious toddler jungle gym/ball pit items.


I mentioned I wanted to use more of the kitchen appliances, so I gave them a teapot and discovered that you can make bee tea using the honey!


I also discovered that you can keep bees in your pocket, although I do not recommend doing that for long periods of time because the bees will revolt eventually.

Whoops.





Zoe also got a chance card this rotation, which gave them enough funds to afford an actual desk for their computer.


Cole popped over again for an visit, and got to meet Kunal. He then tried to hop on the computer so I had to ask him to leave.


Their home might not have a lot of decor, or even furniture, but at least the exterior of their house is nicely decorated?




My sister pointed out that there are spring/easter-like traditions that came with seasons, but no pre-set Easter holiday, so I made my own because I thought it might be fun to try the egg hunt tradition with Kunal.


The egg hunt was alright - I definitely wouldn't want to play it out on one of my apartment lots; you need a lot of furniture to hunt for all the eggs, but I might have to see if hunting works on community lots.






I did manage to have Kunal find all the eggs, and his reward was this bunny version of the giant stuffed animal.

I also had flower giving as one of the traditions, as well as the appearance of the flower bunny, and I might consider keeping this holiday for my families with kids in the future if I add another tradition or two. I think maybe it needs a grand feast component, or other other yard activities.




I love Liv's appreciation for food.


Now that they have a kid I should probably have them get married, so I ended off the rotation with a romantic engagement, and by romantic I mean I threw down a couple of garden lanterns to set the mood.







No comments:

Post a Comment