Thursday, May 2, 2019

Rotation 6: Rudolf

c
The Rudolf rotation starts off with another iconic ~look~ from Felix. Cole's into it.


It also starts off with a big change to the apartment layout, because I made a last minute decision to also give them a kid when I realized I could totally shuffle their kitchen around and squeeze one more room in.

I do miss the openness of their initial apartment a little, but tbh I had no idea what to do with the area behind the TV, so this at least fills up the apartment nicely.


I also got around to taking some more pictures of my families/couples, so now they have a little picture for their apartment!


>

Another new thing is Felix's ability to go on house calls at work.

I think so far, the doctor career is my favourite of the three GTW ones. I find it's the least broken, and seeing how many sims I can cure in one shift is really satisfying, unlike the detective career where it takes multiple days to solve one case and also half the steps along the way don't really work as they should.

That being said, scientist is also kind of fun at the higher levels because you can fuck around with cloning items, making serums, and travelling to space if you don't really care about work performance.


He can also use the surgical machine at last! Now when I send my sims off to deliver their babies, I can rest easy knowing that Felix is actually qualified to use this.



Once Felix got off work I had them conceive what will probably be the last baby this generation. I don't know how many generations I'll end up playing this save for, but I don't want to have too many new households next generation.


Liv offers some sisterly advice and encouragement after stopping by for a surprise visit.


Cole managed to paint his first masterpiece this rotation, which happened to be the painting of two cats eating spaghetti.

That's definitely a masterpiece if I ever saw one. 


I think my favourite category might be the impressionist paintings though, because it looks the developers actually based one of the possible paintings on my favourite Van Gogh piece!



I've been selling most of their paintings for cash, but I did keep this one. It fits their bedroom colour scheme very nicely, too!


I sent Felix to the Humour and Hijinks festival, because it got stuck after I sent Carlotta there and the fireworks have been going off ever since. Having him wait it out was the only way to get rid of it.


Felix got sick at work, and I'm not sure if you can actually get sick from the patients, or if it was just a coincidence.


Felix has also unlocked a couple new interactions from work (one of which is an option to give bad medical advice, lol), and I was able to have him find out the gender of their baby!

They're having a girl, which is a little disappointing because I wanted to name their baby Vincent/Vince if they had a boy. Oh well. I'll find another impressionist painter to name her after.



Jeff "Noisy Bitch" Winchester is back at it again.

 
I think seeing Cole gave him a flashback to being pregnant with two alien babies. Maybe that'll keep him quiet for the rest of the rotation.



It's time for Cole to have his baby, and honestly, it would have been kind of funny if the game had actually let Felix deliver it. It would have kept him in the delivery room, at least!


Instead, Felix hops on the computer to do some important medical research, I'm sure. At least it's not the fucking cooking channel.


I decided to name their little girl Camille, after french impressionist painter Camille Pissarro, who is actually a dude, but there were not exactly a lot of women to choose from and I liked Camille best as a name.

Much like Kunal she was pale as a baby, but darkened up a little as a toddler. It did at least make sense for her to be lighter-skinned, considering how pale Felix is.

Please note that Felix is actually standing outside the door, like "I'm good, I can see just fine from here!"


Back at home, Felix is ready for parenthood. He's got his scrubs on and everything.


I have not had the desire or motivation to try holding another wedding event since Jeff and Alec's wedding, so I opted to send Felix and Cole off to Brindleton Bay for a quiet little ceremony.





I let them go skinny dipping in the pool at the lounge, and Cole did this little mischievous hand rub animation before stripping down.




He then refused to put his clothes back on after getting out, which just goes to show that Cole should not be trusted in any situation where he has decided to forego clothing.


Found Alec talking Rocket on a walk while they were down at the pool, and hopefully they are taking a walk to the clinic because otherwise I'm going to have to send Rocket there next rotation.


Kitties!! I wish there were more strays in San Myshuno. It'd be awesome if you could have actual raccoons roaming around the streets, instead of the dumb costume ones.

 
I recently added a new breakfast place to Brindleton Bay (I fucking love the ability to customize menus in TS4, it opens up so many restaurant options), so I sent Cole and Felix off for a little celebratory wedding brunch.




They were immediately interrupted by Mila, who acted like she had never seen a gay in the wild before, and just stood there to talk and gawk until their food came.

Mila it’s great that you support gay marriage, but please let the newlyweds enjoy their date. 



c
Camille grew up at the end of the rotation. I went with silly for her toddler trait; I think it's the last one I've yet to play with.




Felix plays her a little violin concert, Cole teaches her some flash cards, and Liv pops by to meet her new niece.



She looks a lot like a mini-Cole at the moment, but I'm excited to see how she looks as an adult. The rest of my Paraneighbour kids turned out great, so I'm sure Kunal and Camille will be just as great.











No comments:

Post a Comment