Sunday, June 9, 2019

Rotation 7: DiCarlo

>
Starting off the rotation with a new discovery - apparently these apartment windows have an interaction that allows your sims to admire the view?


I didn't even realize it was a thing until Jasper rolled up this whim for it! It gives them a little energized moodlet, apparently.



Another delightful whim that popped up for Jasper was this one to be mean to Carlotta. He's really not a fan of her.



To be fair, a lot of sims aren't really fans of Carlotta. She actually unlocked the ability to take selfies with fans and sign autographs this rotation, but her reputation is so bad that not even Max Villareal, a fellow evil sim, wants to accept an autograph from her.

I'm sure there's a way for evil sims to have a fanbase, so maybe she just needs to gain a little more fame first...

 >
Jasper, on the other hand, has being doing pretty well with making friends.

He's already forgotten most of the other Paraneighbour kids - they didn't have super high relationships, so by the time I got around to playing him they'd already gotten wiped - but he did bring Cas home from school one day, and they got along very well.


Much like Will, he pulled out some homework to work on during their playdate. He's such a good little bean, I won't even make fun of him for being a huge nerd this time. <3



Cas is actually a really good influence on Jasper, because Jasper actually sat down to do his homework with him!

He looks a little like he's trying to copy off Cas' paper in the second picture, which is pretty funny.



I had him give Cas an apartment key, in hopes that it would encourage the two of them to hang out a little more. I should really have Polly do the same with Ariel, but I keep forgetting.



They took a selfie together to commemorate their new friendship, then played one round of my sims racing before Cas had to go home.


Lilith also has fame turned on, and got her first chance card this rotation. As tempting as it was to pick the 'fight the mascot' option, I decided to go with the second one, as I really didn't want Lilith to lose her job.



After work I sent her to the gym for a little bit, where she ran into friendly werewolf Scott. It's hard to see in the picture, but he was super smelly (of course), so I didn't have her stay and chat too long.


I also got around to adding a yoga mat for her in the apartment.  Apparently you can teleport to some secret locations after you've a) visited them and b) reached a high enough wellness skill, so it might be fun to eventually try that out with Lilith.




She's so cute. <3


I meant to have Jasper work on building the piano skill (well, creativity for children), but aside from this one picture he has not touched the piano since. Oops.

Maybe he can pick it up again when he's a teenager. A brooding vampire playing a lil piano lullaby will definitely win over all the guys and gals.


Carlotta's bad reputation gives her the ability to throw lampoon parties, which are apparently when you invite over a guest of honour, and roast the shit out of them.

I chose Alec.



Apparently any sims can just wander up to the party uninvited, which is actually kind of nice because again, Carlotta really doesn't have a lot of friends to invite.

Unfortunately, she also does not have a very high comedy skill, so her party tanked because she wasn't able to get Alec in a hysterical mood. Which, let's be honest, is probably for the best, because this idiot has already died once, and Jeff wasn't even there to save him.



Jasper slept through most of it, but he did come down after all the guests were over, and helped himself to some leftover food and a little sparkling cider.


To make up for her shitty party, I did throw an actual wedding party for Carlotta and Lilith.

I didn't really have a good wedding venue for them - aside from the museum I used for Jeff and Alec, so they had theirs at the newly made over Stargazer lounge.






 .

Their guests consisted of the other vampire ladies, Felix, Jeff and Alec, and whichever townies showed up on the lot. I kept them locked out of the venue when I held Jeff and Alec's wedding, but it was a little harder to do on an open, rooftop lot. 


Oh, and Jasper was there, too! I also would have liked to invite Caleb and Isobel, but they didn't show up on the invite menu, for some reason. I guess because they're ghosts?

Jeff looks like he's judging Carlotta from afar. 




The sunset lighting was super gorgeous, they really lucked out with the weather and timing!



After the ceremony they enjoyed some bad karaoke, which Jeff laughed at, and Jasper slept through.


I noticed Carlotta had an option to pose for pictures, so I had her strike a pose so that all the townie peasants could stop and take a picture of her in her wedding finery.

Just look at these background bitches with their vampy black gowns. Obviously they want to be just like Carlotta. Liberty Lee obviously did not get the memo, which is probably why she's taking a picture for future inspiration.


Jasper was unimpressed by the entire event, and did some homework after he woke up from his nap. I should have invited Cas so he'd have a friend to hang out with.

I actually had to send him to the venue myself, because when Carlotta first invited him to the wedding, I got a pop up saying he’d “rather not come.”


Everyone starts to leave around 5am, so Carlotta and Lilith take over one of the hot tubs to celebrate. 


Harvestfest starts when they get back, so I had Lilith make them a grand meal for breakfast.

Other than that I didn't really take any pictures of the holidays - it's about as exciting of a holiday as actual Thanksgiving is, if I'm being honest. I don't know, I'm Canadian so Thanksgiving kinda gets overshadowed by Halloween being in the same month.

I should look into seeing if I can make a custom version of Harvestfest that's combined with some Halloween traditions... That might be more fun to play. 


Carlotta's breakfast feast is interrupted by some townie who wants to know if she can hold onto some money for a bit. She's gotten this pop up a few times, and while she doesn't really need the money, I always have her accept it. 


And speaking of pop-ups, this one is particularly great. Carlotta has 0 parenting skill so I only had the one option to choose from, but it was really the only option I needed.

100% in character for both Jasper and Carlotta.


This is another common pop up for poor Jasper. I usually go with the second option on this one.

Also, I just really love the humour in some of the copy for this game. "What's Up Chuck" is such a good title for this chance card; it makes me giggle.



Jasper wakes up sad one morning, and I discovered that kids can play in the jets in these corner tubs, so I had him do that to cheer himself up.




After his bath, he sat down in Lilith's room to do his homework while she sleeps.




I rewarded his good behaviour by allowing him to have a lil playdate with Cas. I had a much easier time getting them to sit by the pool than I did when I had Luna invite her friends over.


Out on the streets of Uptown, Carlotta runs into Caleb!


I had her give him a key, in hopes that it'd maybe encourage to come and hang out around the apartment more.


I then discovered that Caleb is actually a fan of Carlotta's, so she was able to succesfully sign one autograph for him.

He's so dumb.


She spent a few minutes fishing for compliments...


...And then Caleb got bored, and wandered upstairs to have a little father-son bonding time with Jasper.


He helps Jasper repair his castle, which Carlotta must have smashed at some point...


...And then he strips down to his lacy undies, and takes a little nap in Jasper's bed, after Jasper wanders back downstairs.

Oh Caleb. 


Downstairs, Carlotta hits the streets of Uptown again, because her work assignment for that day is to eat four dishes from a food stall.


Scott comes trotting by, and the bouncy little walk he does everywhere always makes me smile. He's so stupid, but also such a good boy.



Alec sat down at the same table as Carlotta to drink his coffee, and then got up seconds later and walked away. It was hilarious.


Carlotta managed to sample 3 out of 4 dishes before it started raining hard, so I sent her back upstairs to work on her gourmet cooking skill until it slowed down.

I think she ended up finishing her last dish the next morning.


The critic career hasn't been giving Carlotta a lot of fame opportunities, and the social media options haven't been earning her many points, either, so I ended up buying her a recording station to make some videos with.


I have decided she will do beauty tutorials.


Her first video actually gets her nominated for a Starlight Accolade??

I normally switch to my next family on Sundays once the season rolls over, but I did hop back to the DiCarlo residence at 7pm to have her attend the ceremony.




Not only does her first video get nominated, but she actually wins the award for it!

Good job, Carlotta. If only there was someone in the audience to clap for you...


I stuck her award on her desk back at home, and if she wins any more I may consider giving her a trophy shelf of victory for them. There isn't really enough space in the apartment for an entire trophy room of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment