Thursday, June 20, 2019

Rotation 7: Mortis

Well, that preview can't mean anything good...

>
Liv and Zoe's rotation starts off strong, with Liv getting fucked up by her own pockets.

I should probably make sure I don't leave bees in her pocket when I finish this rotation; they don't seem to like that.


The flea market was going on in the spice district, so I attempted to have Liv sell some of her flower arrangements and honey. Sadly, absolutely no one was interested in buying anything, so I ended up having her stuff back up, and work in her greenhouse for a bit.




Zoe was in a playful mood, and I noticed that while she was playing with the koi fish in their pond she fell in. I missed getting a picture of it, so I directed her to do it again...





Good stuff! I took a lot of pictures, as you can probably see. How nice that clumsy sims can accidentally fall in the pond if they play a little too close to the edge. :)


Then I got this pop up in the corner of my screen...



Yeah, that was not part of the plan.

Now, I was aware that sims could die via the pond if you stocked it with some dangerous fish, but I thought the koi fish would be safe! I didn't realize they could still drown in it!!


Liv chose that moment to come strutting out of the greenhouse, with a little too much pep in her step.



"Oh cool, hi Mr. Grim Reaper! Nice day, isn't it?"

It takes her a moment to figure out what's going on.


I did have her try and plead with the Grim Reaper, but much like Jeff she was ultimately unsuccessful.





I decided not to chicken out this time, and saved the game after Grim left. See, I finally have the romantic gardens pack, and I knew that I'd be able to use the wishing well to try and bring Zoe back.


Ghost Zoe showed up to give Liv a peck on the cheek, and I had her move in.



I sent her off to the premade park that came with the pack, which had the wishing well tucked away in the back corner. I then attempted to have her wish for life, but the offering wasn't good enough to fully restore her, and she just went home with one of the ingredients needed to make ambrosia.

Still, that's not a total loss - I'd be much more willing to make the ambrosia if I can get all the ingredients through the wishing well than if I had to have my sims find them all on their own.


Cole calls Liv with his condolences when they return home from the garden, but that's not quyite supportive enough, so I ended up having Liv invite him over.


"Liv! You didn't realize your own fiancee was dead? That's terrible!"
She looks like she's dramatically recounting her tale of meeting the Grim Reaper here.


Poor Kunal wakes up with no one to console him, and he cries by himself in the bedroom. :(



Ghost Zoe checks out what's new on the web, then puts Kunal in his high chair for some food. I can't remember what Liv and Cole were up to at this point, but I think Cole might have left.

Also, while I miss the different ghost types having their own colours in TS2, I do like that the ghosts in 4 have their own little effects, like Eugene's little fishy friend, and the water droplets that are coming off Zoe's ghost. She also leaves behind puddles like the drowned ghosts would in 2.


They didn't have a lot of spare money for making wishes, but I was able to keep funding them by having Liv make and sell a shit ton of flower arrangements.


Another trip to the wishing well, and another unsuccessful wish. :(

There were a couple runs where she'd go and just receive ingredients, so I didn't take a picture of each and every one.


Cole stops by for another visit, and Zoe shows off  her new ghostly powers.


>
>
>
>
On this trip to the wishing well, Zoe looked like she was about to be resurrected, and I got my hopes up...


...but it turned out to be the worst outcome, which resurrects your sim only to kill them again.

This time, Zoe's death type was listed as fire, and her ghost drips were replaced by a fire burning in her chest.



Cole was pretty good about visiting his sister this rotation, whereas Felix did not make any appearances.

I would have liked to have all of them over for a playdate, but I was a little preoccupied with having Liv make flower bouquets for cash, and sending Zoe out to the wishing well.


She got a deathflower on one of her visits, which I was more than happy to add to Liv's garden. I'm not sure how you're supposed to find these in game, so maybe I lucked out with having Zoe die...



I lost count of how many tries it took, but I do know that they dropped almost 20k on wishes before the well finally resurrected Zoe!


I got a little notification that mentioned Zoe will no longer be able to die of unnatural causes, which is great because I have spent enough money on this fucking well.

Liv better watch her back, man. Maybe I should pay Isobel a visit and have her write another book of life...


 >
BEEEEEEEEEES!!!


 >
Zoe's resurrection coincided will with the Talent Night, so I sent her off to the open mic to try out some of her comedy routines.





It went over okay, but she got a little upstaged whenever someone sat down and started playing the piano.


Also, when Andy decided to bust out her level 9 singing skills.

I was expecting there to be some sort of winner announced, but the event ended with very little fanfare. I'm not really sure what the point of it is - maybe it's more useful if you're trying to build up your sim's fame level?


Back at home, Liv and Zoe finally saved up enough money for me to decorate the living room and kitchen.

I also added in their couple's portrait, but I don't really like it as much as the other ones I did, so I might replace it when a better picture when they get married.




I really like that you can put the little spice containers and honey jars on the counter! They make nice deco. :)



Also, that you can use the beeeees to woo other sims.

It might be a little hard to see, but they fly up to the sim and form a lopsided heart.


You can also send them out and they'll bring your sim a gift! I can't remember what Liv got, but I think it was either a toy, or a collectible.


>
Kunal managed to max out all of his toddler skills, making him the second Paraneighbour kid to reach top notch toddler!




He also managed to get stuck behind their couch, joining Caleb as the second sim to get trapped behind some furniture.



I decided to age Kunal up at the end of this rotation, since Cole and Felix really don't have a lot of space to host a toddler playdate, and Liv and Zoe don't really have enough money to add any good toddler activities to their house.


I gave him rambunctious scamp as his aspiration, and vegetarian as his trait. I also made sure to give him his green boots back for his childhood outfits, because they were really cute.

I think I'll go back and update the stats post with Kunal and Camille's stats once I finish this rotation, since they're the only kids missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment