Saturday, May 22, 2021

The Paraverse: 6.1


Iifeel like almost every rotation starts out with some variation of 'it's been a while since I played', or 'hey there's a new pack coming out' and unfortunately the start of this rotation is no different, haha. 

This rotation I finally got to start playing with some of thew new Nifty Knitting and Snowy Escape content, but I took a break from it when Paranormal released. I'm still in the process of figuring out how I want to work in the new content from it, or any of the new updates and packs we're going to be getting this summer, but I figured catching my blog posts up to where I am in game would be a good start. ;)

There is so much content I'm excited to explore with this gang - and I've really missed playing them! - I just need to work out a plan before I go in. :)


Andy and Miko were the only household I managed to play in the rotation before installing Snowy Escape, so they juuust missed out on that new content.

Luckily, they still got to explore the new knitting stuff!


Their living room got a little makeover using some of the new furniture, and Miko got a yarn basket so she can start learning the new knitting skill.




The old hobby room also gets a bit of a makeover - I got rid of Whiskers' cage since I am terrible at remembering to feed the poor thing, and put in a robotics station for Andy. 

There sadly isn't enough room in their apartment to make a craft room using the new furniture, but I was able to squeeze in a couple new things.


They actually won't be staying in this apartment for very much longer, though. I've been eyeing a new house for them in Mount Komorebi, and they'll most likely be moving there at the beginning of the next rotation.

Of all my families in this save, Andy and Miko are currently the ones least affected by my ever-changing plans, and the upcoming release of packs. ;)



Jeff invites himself over to play some video games with Andy, while Miko powers through another knitting project. 


She is perhaps enjoying her new hobby a little too much...



Andy's pretty busy with her last term of university, so Miko spends a lot of the week working on knitting projects, and taking care of some household chores. 

I should probably add that I got Andy a job in the engineering career a few rotations back, and then completely forgot to mention it, haha. She's been working from home in her free time after classes, which leaves Miko with a lot more free time, so it's really nice to have a new hobby to give her this rotation.

 

 

 

 

 








Miko also takes a trip to the spice district one evening to 'sample' some food, and spots a wild Cole jamming on the guitar. 

I feel like every time I go to this festival it's always Thorne Bailey hogging the guitar, so it was nice to see one of my own sims playing, for once!


They got the night on the town holiday a few days in, so I decided to send them out to the Stargazer Lounge to capitalize on some free food and drinks. 

Miko made a beeline for the pool, and then pulled out her needles to do some more knitting...


Iidon't remember if I invited Jeff to come along with them or not, but he decided to hit the pool with Andy, and knock out a couple laps. 


Iinoticed some of Jeff's bros were hanging out in the hot tub with Olive, so I added them all to a group, and sent the girls and Jeff over to join them in the tub. 



tub


They did need to actually order some drinks in order to complete the holiday goals, so I sent them over to the bar after a bit of soaking to enjoy some coconut drinks, before sending them back home for the evening.



Back at home, Miko and Andy have both mastered using chopsticks, which will come in handy when they move to Mount Komorebi in the future. 

They'll have some new food to try, and some cute new chopsticks. :)


While they may not have gotten a new house this rotation, they did get a little friend!


Iicould not resist getting them a cat once I saw that they were able to play with yarn, and since I got rid of their rat, it only seemed fair. 



This little guy is Cosmo, and I would die for him. 


smooch


Iidon't think I've actually played with the kitten or puppy lifestages yet? They're sooooo cute. <3

I hope you guys are ready for a lot of pictures of Cosmo, and not much in terms of actual gameplay from this point on, haha. 



cosmo



Miko takes a break from knitting to work on fabricating some more upgrade parts, and comes to regret it...


miko

Luckily for Miko, the paint seems to have disappeared by the next morning. 

 

scratch

Jeff invites himself over again, and is absolutely delighted to meet Cosmo. 


Once Cosmo is back in the safety of the apartment, Jeff decides to play some soccer with Andy out on the balcony.




After that they head inside to play some video games, and Jeff eventually storms back out after losing the match. 


cat

They can hide under beds!




breakfast

snuggle

Their portion of the rotation comes to an end, and it's time for Andy to graduate! 




Like Alec, she managed to graduate with honours! 

She didn't get a career boost unfortunately, because I stupidly put her in the career before she had finished her degree, but at least it'll come in handy if I decide to have her switch careers somewhere down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment