Monday, May 31, 2021

The Paraverse: Rotation 6.2



During Jeff and Alec's last rotation, Alec had just finished his Culinary degree at Britechester, graduating with honours, and Jeff left school after accepting a job offer in the professional athlete career.


Alec had finished almost all of his goals for the academic aspiration now, but there were a few things left for him to do before I could switch him over to the master chef aspiration - he needed to contribute some knowledge to a research machine, and get a job using his degree. 

So, he began the rotation by heading over to Laurel Library in Britechester, to share some wisdom with the students of the future.


To be honest, I don't actually remember what skill I chose to have him share, but I want to say it was the vampire one.

 

I[believe he also needed to level up his research and debate skill a little more, so he debated himself at the podium for a bit until it was high enough - I think you only need to get it to level 7 or something like that, so it's actually pretty reasonable. 

Much more reasonable than the bit where you have to tutor other students, just because you make so little money for it that it is absolutely not worth it if you like to load your sims up with classes like I tend to do. Alec doesn't have time to tutor idiots, he has his own idiot to take care of!


Speaking of said idiot, Jeff is looking very handsome this rotation with a new, sporty lil sweater from Snowy Escape.

I'm thinking I will send them to Mt. Komorebi for their future ~honeymoon~, but I can't have Jeff look like a fool on the slopes, so I had him study the snowboarding skill at home this week in preparation.

Please note that he is using his finger to help him read. I love him so much. 


Alec works on his gourmet cooking skill instead, because after accepting a job in the culinary career, he has officially completed his old aspiration, and is moving on to becoming a master chef!

The nice thing about his university degree is that he has been given a pretty high level to begin with, so it won't take him very long to complete the career. Initially this was good because I want to have him run a restaurant but...

I regret to inform you all that I am once again a liar, and Alec will not be doing that. I'm sure you can guess exactly what new career I have been eyeing for Alec, but I'll get to that in a later update. ;)


Jeff got bored of reading very quickly, so once Alec was finished in the kitchen I decided to have them head over to the gym, to work on yet another new skill.

There is a lot of skilling and aspiration work for the boys this rotation. 



Let me tell you, I was absolutely stoked to have a proper rock climbing skill added to the game at last! I was actually worried they would forget to tie it to the rock climbing wall from fitness stuff, but luckily I underestimated the devs this time. 

The fitness pack has always low key been one of my favourite stuff packs because of this item, and I love that Snowy Escape has given me a reason to get even more use out of it.


I[left Alec to his own devices while Jeff built up his rock climbing skill, and found him over on the treadmills with Lilith and Olive.

Got a little giggle out of him honing in on the only two occults in the building. Is he just  doing an innocent work-out? Or is he secretly on a vampire reconnaissance mission? (Although Lilith is no longer a vampire, but a spellcaster in this save.)


The rock climbing skill is pretty slow-going on the treadmill (I believe sims build it faster out on the actual rock walls), but he makes some decent progress for his first day of training. 



Jeff certainly seems pleased with today's gains.


Back at home, I believe Alec leaves for his first shift at works, so Jeff entertains himself with an online racing match with Andy. 

And then - I am very pleased with myself for this - I managed to catch Jeff having a temper tantrum after losing to her! He always loses to Andy, and he always throws a temper tantrum every time, but up until this rotation I had not been able to catch it on camera. 






The little tantrums hot-headed sims can throw make it one of my favourite 'negative' traits to give sims. 

He was unable to play any further games after this, as the game console suggested he needed to 'cool down' when I tried clicking on it. Never noticed that detail before, and got a good giggle out of that, too.


I[decided to have him cool down by sending him on a 'rage-fuelled' run, because I am still waiting on him to achieve the maximum fitness goal for his aspiration. Once he's finished that, he can move on to the new extreme sports aspiration!

Also super stoked to finally have another athletic aspiration.



He wakes up in yet another bad mood, and stomps around the apartment for a bit the next morning. 


Eventually he stomps off to work, and Alec works on repairing some broken things around the apartment, and doing some basic upgrades. 

They won't be living in the apartments for ever, but it's a decent way to get his handiness skill up without a woodworking table.


Alec's got some extra time in his day before his shift begins, so he heads over to Evergreen Harbour to check out the selection of seeds, and buy some eco-upgrade parts. 

 

Miko also happens to be there, so he stops to chat for a bit, before head back to rainy San Myshuno. 




Thought it might be nice to give Alec a small gardening space with the new planter boxes, so that he could grow some fresh vegetables for his cooking. I'd like to move them to a house eventually, so they'll have more space for a small veggie garden down the road. 

After that, Jeff arrives back home, but Alec is off to work, so Jeff will need to find something else to entertain himself with for the night. 



I[remembered back when I was playing my old save I was briefly interested in having Jeff build up the wellness skill for a while, but never really followed through on it, so I thought it might be nice to have him take it up as another hobby.

I sent him over to another gym in Oasis Springs, along with Miko and Olive, so see if either of them would join Jeff at a yoga class. Miko did, but Olive was more interested in the treadmills downstairs. 


It[is pretty funny watching him wobble around on his yoga mat (in socks lol), as Miko does a relatively good job of hitting the poses behind him. 


Once class is over, Alec's still not off work yet, so Jeff squeezes in a little more rock climbing time before he needs to get back home. 


Their differing work schedules have not let these two spend a lot of time together this rotation, so I decided on Jeff's next day off they would have themselves a nice date.


Of course, a date for these two usually involves some sort of physical activity, and today's date is no different! 

They start off with a nice jog around central park, I sometimes forget how nice the surrounding area is here.

The little look Jeff is giving him here. <3


Have you truly done a work out if you don't brag about it on simstagram after?


After their job, they take a quick break by the fountain at the park. 




This park is one of the lots I have been considering using as a wedding venue for them, and I like to think maybe after checking the area out on their date here, they thought it would be a nice spot to get married. :)


fountainn



After their stop at the park, they finish off their date with a bit of basketball. 

 

Alec still has work that evening, so Jeff hits up the rock wall at the gym again.

Yes, this is his third form of exercise for that day. 


He's still slowly chipping away at the rock climbing skill, but he is getting better at using the rock wall. I'd like to have him beat all the challenges on it again, and he was able to finish the first one that evening!



That of course calls for a celebratory energy drink. Should probably be drinking that during a full day of exercise, not after it, and not at 2 in the morning, but that's Jeff for you. 


The next day I want to have Alec host a dinner party, because he's got to host a silver one for one of his aspiration goals. 

He starts the morning by repairing their refrigerator, which seems like an important thing to take care of if you hope to host a fancy dinner party that evening.


Then he tends to his garden for a bit...



...before practicing some bar tending tricks for his party. 


Jeff arrives home from work with a sweet promotion, and now all that's left to do is for the two of them to get fancied up for dinner. 

 

kiss


Jeff is on 'greet the guests' duty that night, while Alec stations himself in the kitchen.






Because you need to cook some of the meals after the party has started, everyone is forced to wait and watch as Alec cooks their dinner.

 

Jeff did try entertaining a few of them with some dancing, but for the most part they only seemed to be interested in getting fed - I had to stop a couple of them from raiding the fridge while they waited! 

 

Then when the food is ready to be served, Alec goes and takes 2 fucking helpings for himself. Have you ever been so impressed by your own cooking that you said fuck my guests, I'll take the first 2 servings thank you very much?

I absolutely love how selfish he is sometimes.


Eventually most of them got fed. They seemed to have a bit of trouble getting their helpings from the platter, so i think I might need to move the plate to an island counter next time. 

Either way, Alec was able to finish the party with a solid silver rating, and really that was all I needed to happen. 


Everyone goes home as soon as the party ends, leaving Jeff and Alec with the apartment to themselves for the rest of the night. 




hearts

There's not a lot for them to do in the last day or so of their rotation, so Alec takes up baking so that he can master all three cooking skills. 



He makes some bagels that probably live in their fridge forever, and a nice loaf of ~artisanal~ bread. 

Once they have a proper house with some more yard space, I am definitely buying Alec a juice fizzing station. 


Jeff takes a jog around the neighbourhood in the mean time, and all his exercising this rotation is enough to earn him the new energetic lifestyle!

He's also got indoorsy, people person, and thrill seeker in progress (the latter comes from the rock climbing, I'm guessing), whereas so far, Alec's only started developing the close knit lifestyle. Next rotation they'll also be able to develop likes and dislikes, so it'll be interesting to see how all those affect how they act. :)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment