Sunday, January 17, 2021

The Paraverse: Rotation 5.3

Hello guys, it's been a while!

I started a new save with some family-based gameplay when Snowy Escape came out, and I was really enjoying it until the new Stardew Valley update dropped in December, and then I once I started playing that I couldn't focus on anything else, haha.

The news of yet another new pack has brought me back to the Sims, though, and I am super fucking stoked because they're adding more occult-based content! 

Of course, I've still got another rotation to finish posting after this, so I figured I should make an attempt to get some of those updates out before the next pack is released. ;)


Felix starts his university education this rotation! 

To recap quickly, since it's been a while - I have chosen the computer science major for him, since I thought it would fit his recent future cube obsession. The computer science major also happens to tie into one of the branches of the new salaryperson career, so I'm keeping that in mind as a future career choice for him.

I believe he's taking three classes a term at the moment, but I might have him do four a term in the future, so that he wont be too far behind Olive and Cole, who typically take about two a term. 



Speaking of Olive and Cole, I found the two of them autonomously watching a movie together, which was very sweet. :)

 




Cole looked a little scared by it, but Olive seemed to enjoy it. I'm going to take a wild guess and say she must have been the one to pick the movie.


After the movie ends, it's time for Olive to get started on some homework, and Felix decides to join her in the living room.

Cole helps himself to some food in the meantime, even though he just ate a bowl of popcorn... 



A fun detail I only just discovered this rotation - vampires can have daymares! 

I think it might come from having the fitful sleep weakness, but I haven't noticed it with any of my other vampires, and I almost always opt to give them this trait. Either way, fun to find something new every once in a while. :)


Iiwanted to focus on Olive for a bit, so I sent her out to take care of some work tasks for the morning. 


Then she headed over to the gym in the afternoon to do a small work out session - I didn't have Snowy Escape installed until the next rotation, though, so it didn't count towards the new rock climbing skill.

 

I was hoping a particular sim would show up, since they seem to frequent the gym lots in my game, but unfortunately I didn't have much luck there.

 


So, she headed back home to tend to her garden for a bit, and work on a new flower arrangement, before I made one more attempt to introduce her to someone special...


Yes, the Vatores are back! 

I honestly love these two too much to not include them in the new save, so I thought I might switch things up just a little, and try getting Lilith together with Olive this time around. 

I had Olive stick around long enough to introduce herself to both Caleb and Lilith, and then sent her back home again to make sure Cole and Felix were being productive, and getting their school work done.


Since I spent a day focusing on Olive, I decided to give Cole a turn the next day, to make sure he got some stuff done this rotation, too. 

Olive's garden has given him plenty of fruit and flowers to turn into juice, and once he levels up his fizzing skill a little more, he should be able to make some seltzers, and also send his creations off for evaluation. 

It's a shame you can't sell food items on the new Plopsy app from Nifty Knitting, but it makes sense why they decided against it. 


He spends a little time working on some paintings next, and then jams on his guitar for a little bit. 



He also took a quick trip to the magic realm to pick up a new spellbook to study. 


The spice festival happened to fall during their rotation, so I sent them out to San Myshuno to give them something to do for the evening.


Despite not actually being able to eat food, Olive managed to beat the spice challenge somehow. She also took home some more harvestables to plant in her garden. 



Cole, on the other hand, still does not have much of a spice tolerance built up. 


There's only so much to do at the festival, so once Cole and Felix had filled up on food, they hit up the bubble blower at the bowling alley. 




They also played a quick game of moonlight bowling before heading home for the night. Olive absolutely crushed the boys - I don't think either of them managed to get a single strike. 

Poor Felix had a really rough game in particular.


He also may or may not still be obsessed with his future cube this rotation? I don't actually remember. The good news is I did notice it was fixed in the next rotation I played. :) 

I did allow him to keep one (1) cube as a souvenir. 


Iiwanted to get some bonding time in for Olive and Lilith this rotation, so I took them to the beach when Olive had some free time.




Lilith stuck around long enough to build a sandcastle, and do a bit of cloud gazing, and then immediately took off before I had a chance to initiate any flirting. :(

 

So, I ended up sending Cole and Felix over to keep Olive company instead. Lilith might not be a huge fan of the beach, but Cole seemed to have a good time.




sunset

float




Cole's had a whim to ask Felix to be his boyfriend since the last rotation, so I had them make it official in the ~moonlight~.


kiss

Iimay be remembering wrong, but I don't think Felix is able to woohoo in beds because he's a murphy ghost, so they had to take things to the shower when they got home instead...


Yes, the frog watched. 


Since Olive didn't get a chance to flirt with Lilith while they were on the beach date, I decide to invite Lilith over the next day to try again. 



This time their date was much more successful, and they got a little romance going. :)



Meanwhile, Cole and Felix are having a... different sort of date.



Eventually Cole decides to make himself a refreshing drink, and enjoy the sunny weather outside from their comfort of their shady porch. 


yoga

He spends the evening getting his fabrication skill up by making a couple candles. The fine arts degree unfortunately doesn't build any of the skills he needs for the freelance maker career, so putting him in it ended up being kinda pointless. 

At least he'll be ready if ever I decide to change things up and switch him in the painter career later on; it might be nice to be able to send him off the lot to work once the household expands a bit.


And that's it for this rotation! One more household to go before I can get into the 'new' gameplay from Nifty Knitting and Snowy Escape...

No comments:

Post a Comment