Sunday, October 25, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 5.2

 

.........

Jeff and Alec start their 5th rotation off in the dorms, but they won't be staying there for very long!

Just as I was starting to worry that Jeff wasn't going to get a job offer at all, it popped up at the beginning of the term!


Accepting a job offer means that Jeff will need to drop out of university, which in turn means that he and Alec will need to move out of the dorms together, or split up into different households. 


Obviously I'm not going to split the two of them up at this point, so it's back to San Myshuno for the both of them! This time they will be moving into Alec's original apartment from my other save, though I've given it a makeover to keep things fresh. 





makeover

Alec's still got one term left of university (he's a little ahead of Andy), so he'll be continuing his studies from the city.


Alec's pretty busy with his last round of classes, but Jeff's got plenty of free time now that he's out of school, and no longer has daily soccer practices. 

He spends his new free time working to reach the last level or two of the body skill...


...taking care of the laundry...

 



...and meeting up with his bro squad, of course!

Since I've got these guys saved as their own household to keep them in school while Jeff was, I went in and added them all to the athlete career, so they will now be Jeff's coworkers.

 

They've branched out a bit since leaving school, though. 

Seemed like a shame to waste having a basketball court right in Jeff's 'front yard', so every now and then I like the change the club activity from soccer to basketball, so they'll play some hoops instead. 


Alec was very focused on the last of his studies, so he didn't have quite as much free time as Jeff until the weekend rolled around. 


Iidid let him have the occasional break to work on his mixology skill though, because he hadn't been able to level that up at all in the dorms without a bar. 


Once the weekend hit, I decided to have them throw a weenie roast in Brindleton Bay, to celebrate Jeff's new career, and Alec's last term of university. 

 

Iitried to invite Jeff's bro squad, along with the rest of the paraneighbour crew, but since the party was being hosted at soccer squad's 'home' lot, all but one of them took off for work once Alec and Jeff arrived?

At least the rest of the paraneighbours decided to stay for the party!

 


 

...I think Alec might be lying about some of his culinary skills, guys. 


Dropped shish kebabs aside, everyone seemed pretty happy with their food...


...until one of the log stools caught on fire, and then everything went to shit, as I should have expected from a weenie roast.

Look at Alec absolutely legging it out of there with his plate of kebabs still in hand. This picture absolutely kills me. 



Iidid have the foresight to save before the party started, so I simply reloaded my save, and gave it one more try. 


Once again, only one of his soccer bros decided to stay for the party. She was his best bro out of the bunch, at least. 

Just look at her cheering Jeff on as he gets a smooch from his man. That's a real bro!


marshmellows


This time around, I decided to get a keg going. 

 

Jeff had a little trouble getting it started, but thanks to Andy, he was able to do a successful keg stand. 

 



scott

log

Everyone seemed to be having a good time, I managed to get the party to hit gold...




...and then disaster struck once again. 

 



Now, there weren't any fire alarms on the lot, so I would have had to call them in myself to take care of the fire. Jeff had other plans though, and simply whipped out his own fire extinguisher to take care of the problem .

He truly is fearless in the face of fire, isn't he? If we had an actual fireman career, I might have to rethink Jeff's career path. 

 

Alec, on the other hand? Not so much. 

I found this man down on the beach with a drink in hand, while the fire was still going! I'll give him a pass this time; perhaps he had other things on his mind... He seemed a little lost in thought, I felt.


Since the fire was put out pretty easily with only a little damage, and I had already worked my way up to a gold party, I decided to keep going.

Thankfully, it timed out without any more fires, and Alec successfully scored his first gold party.  


Seeing Alec down on the beach gave me an idea though, so while everyone else left the party, I sent Jeff down to spend a nice moment with him. 

 


 

The rest of Jeff's bros returned home from work, and also made their way down to the beach where Jeff and Alec where. At first I thought it was maybe a little weird? Give them some privacy, bros!

Then I thought about the scene a little harder, and realized that what I was looking at was actually the perfect set up for a proposal. Of course Jeff's bros would show up to watch!







proposal

All of Jeff's bros began to cheer and clap when they shared another kiss, and it was just such a pure, wholesome moment. I've never had a proposal like this in my game. 



Itistarted raining at this point, so I decided to send them back home after just a few more pictures. 

 


 A hot shower seemed appropriate after getting rained on at the beach!


Jeff had work the next day, but since Alec had the day off school, I decided to send them on a little date around the spice market before Jeff had to leave. 


Victor Feng started busking nearby, and Alec spontaneously decided to serenade Jeff to the sultry tunes of Victor's guitar???

I was stunned. I'd expect this kind of thing from Cole, but Alec? The man has gone full sap!


Once he was done singing I made sure he tipped Victor, because I think it would have been rude not to. 



There was a little bit of time left for a bout of cloudgazing, and then Jeff was off to work for the rest of the day. 


I sent Alec off to Shimuzu right as Jeff's shift was ending, so they could have a nice, romantic dinner to celebrate their engagement. 




I'd like to apologize in advance, because I've already gone a bit overboard with the photos this round, and this dinner was no exception, haha. 




food


Once again, Alec went into full foodie mode, and just absolutely enjoyed every second of his dinner. I love how much he loves going to fancy experimental restaurants!


Jeff wasn't quite as impressed by the food, but he seemed to enjoy Alec's company.

 

nightlife
Iidecorated Alec's desk at home with pictures of his fancy meal, and a selfie from their night out. 


Iiended up playing them an extra day, in order to have Alec attend his graduation ceremony. 

Alec started the morning off by cooking a nice french toast breakfast for him and Jeff. 



breakfast
gussy up

Jeff patiently waited outside as Alec attend his ceremony. 

It'd be nice if you could send other sims to watch, the same way you can send them to sports games.



Alec took off running towards Jeff once the ceremony was over, and the hat throw was finished. He is such a sappy mess this rotation. 


kiss

His graduation portrait went up in the living room, and his degree by his desk in the bedroom. 

I don't have a good picture of it, but he ended up finishing his distinguished degree with honours! Next rotation, Andy will hopefully be able to do the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment