Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 5.1


Now, a couple packs have been released (and announced!) since I've played, and while I've been enjoying Nifty Knitting, I have absolutely 0 interest in Star Wars, so I do not plan on purchasing it. I am very interested in the latest EP though, so I may have already pre-ordered that...

I played a whole rotation before the knitting pack came out though, so no knitting until next round, sadly.

 


 

As the title card hints, Miko got abducted a few minutes into starting this rotation. 

No big deal, just Andy's family checking in on how her girlfriend is doing. :)

 


Andy is starting her third term this rotation, and with only 3 more credits to go after this, she;ll be graduating next rotation!


The NAP that was put into effect last rotation has added some new windmills to the neighbourhood, and a little extra greenery. 

There's one more NAP that will change the look of their apartment, but I'm holding off on doing it because I think it's going to mess with the furniture layout I've got going, unfortunately. :(

 


GeekCon was running this week, so I sent Andy down to win some competition money before heading off to class.


Whiskers the rat sadly passed away while Andy was at class, because I'm a monster and forgot to have them feed him, so I had them adopt a second rat when Andy got back.


New Whiskers is not a big fan of Miko...


And speaking of Miko, I ran into a slight problem with her new civil designer career this rotation. Despite having her complete all her at-home tasks, and making sure I choose the option to work hard when she goes to work, I can not get her job progress bar to go up.

I don't know if it's the career that's bugged, or just her, but either way it's pretty annoying. 



Iidid attempt to have her work from home one day, to see if that would raise her progress bar, but no luck there, either. 

I ended up cheating her a promotion at the very end of their rotation, because after a week of doing all the extra tasks and working hard, I figured she should have earned herself a promotion. She deserved a promotion, at the very least!

Andy was also working very hard on her classes this rotation, so I didn't have much free time to take the girls out until the weekend. 

I noticed Miko didn't really have much in the way of hobbies or things to do while Andy was at class, so I decided to have her take up the wellness skill for the time being, and start a little yoga group with Olive and Zoe Patel. 

 



Itiwas a hot day at the park, so once they were done with their yoga session they splashed around in the fountain for a bit.


Seeing them splash around gave me the idea to take them swimming, so I had Miko call up the rest of the Paraneighours that she knew, and sent them over to the pool. 

Unfortunately she hasn't met Scott, Cole, or Felix yet, so those three got left out...





dive

drinks


Love Alec facing the opposite direction, happily tossing a ball in the air as the girls and Jeff play an actual game behind him. :)

Did the same thing in gym class once as a kid, and got hit in the head with a ball. That hurt. 


Iifelt a little bad about Cole getting left out of the fun, so after a while I had Andy pop over to pay him a visit, so that he join them on their next outing. 

I would have also invited Felix, but I was running these outings as 'club meetings', so Cole joining filled up the last club slot. 


Their next outing was to Pupperstone Park for a bit of skating, and let's be real, Felix would have probably spent the entire trip fiddling with his twenty future cubes anyways. 


skate

Scott happened to be at the park with Mars, so he was able to join in on the skating fun after all!

Poor boy looks like he needs something to cheer him up, anyways...

 



scenic

Andy did still have some homework left to do before Monday, though, so she eventually broke off from the group to knock that off her to-do list.

 


They started the last day of their weekend off with a bike ride around the neighbourhood...


...and a trip to the community space to dumpster dive for bits and pieces, where they ran into Cole. 


They didn't have much luck finding pieces, so I ended up chucking a few meals into their trashcan at home, so that it would be full enough to generate bits and pieces. 

Seems a bit wasteful, I know, but Miko really needed the bits in order to use her new fabricator. 



Once the bits and pieces were obtained, Miko spent the afternoon making eco parts on the fabricator, so that they could start upgrading some of their appliances to be more eco-friendly. 


Andy took care of some laundry, and then a broken washing machine...


...and then Alec decided to swing by for a visit, so they sat down to play a round of video games.

She ended her third term with another round of A's, so I'm expecting she'll be able to graduate with honours next term!

No comments:

Post a Comment