Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 4.4


It's been a while! 

Work was super exhausting this summer, but now that it's calmed down a little bit I'm hoping to post all of the pictures I've been sitting on, so that I can continue playing this save without getting massively ahead of my updates. ;)

Blogger has updated since I wrote my last update for this rotation, so apologies for any formatting weirdness this time around!

>

As you may have guessed from the hints I've dropped months ago, Scott will be joining the Paraverse this rotation! I had him start on an off-the-grid lot by the volcano in Sulani, with just enough money to his name to afford a tent, and a dish for his trash gremlin of a dog.

I was originally going to give him his own spin-off/save and do a rags to riches with him, but I realized a few days into playing that I just don't like playing a single household endlessly, haha. So, Scott takes the final slot in this save, meaning I now have 4 households to perfectly fill out a 4 week season.


In true Mars fashion, he celebrates their new 'home' by taking a dump right in front of their tent.

You may notice that in the first picture, there is already a pile of poop on the lot, and that is because when I first moved them into the lot at the very beginning of the entire rotation, he did the exact. Same. Thing.

I've just come to expect that from Mars at this point, like how Felix wouldn't feel like Felix if he wasn't a stealth flirt, and Alec just wouldn't be Alec if he didn't constantly forget that Andy is an alien. I'm glad my sims still act like my sims even when I stick them in a brand new save, is what I'm saying here.

 

Iidid make some changes to Scott this time around, so he is now a regular sim, with some bonus wolf-y features, like pointy ears and teeth.

Were-pire Scott was entertaining, mostly because of how often he would poop himself if left unsupervised, but I wanted him to be able to actually eat food in this save, and not have to constantly fish for plasma packs.

He kept his 'loves the outdoors' trait, but I switched out dog lover for the new freegan trait, and sloppy for glutton, because I wanted him to have the ability to rummage in trash cans for food.



Ititook Mars all of five minutes to get dirty. Fortunately, you can now bathe dogs on off-the-grid lots! Unfotunately, Scott can not afford a bath tub just yet.


He found a couple harvestable plants in the surrounding area, so while he may not have any money for furniture, he will at least have some crops to eat, and sell for cash.


A small welcome wagon then shows up to greet Scott, and by small, I mean it consisted entirely of Leo. I wonder if the game requires your sims to have actual neighbours in order for a welcome wagon? That would explain why some of my sims get them, and not others...



 >
After chatting up Leo for a bit, Scott washes up in the nearby waterfall, and then takes his dirty gremlin to a community lot, to give him his own bath.



Scott does a bit of dumpster diving to find himself some lunch, and then spends the afternoon on the swing set.


Leo calls him up to invite Scott over to his lot, and greets him with a hug when he arrives.



Scott crashes his 'house' with his stinky dog (how Mars is already stinky again, I don't know) to take a nap, and Leo just... does not care?
 



He lets Scott nap as long as he wants, and even brings a full platter of food in for Scott to help himself to.
 
Leo is perhaps a little too nice for his own good...


Scott's energy bar doesn't stay out of the red for very long, so I sent him back home after that to sleep on his own lot. I ended up buying him a bed, because the tent just wasn't getting his energy up fast enough. (Plus, it doesn't seem to let you go into speed 4 when they're asleep in a tent?)

There was also a volcanic explosion, which Scott and Mars managed to sleep through. Luckily, his new bed went unharmed. 













Scott will once again be working on all the nature aspirations in this save (gotta make him the ultimate nature man, after all), with the exception of the potions purveyor, and eco innovator ones.

I started him off with the angling ace aspiration first, since it's the easiest of the nature aspirations, though I will be swapping it out from time to time to work on some of the goals for the others. 





conch

swim

Back on his home lot, his first round of crops is ready to harvest. I saved a couple of them for eating, since it seems to make freegan sims happy, and then I sold the rest for some cash. 


His first round of crop money went towards a small shelter for rainy nights, and a grill for cooking food. 


Freegan sims like when you actually have the ingredients to cook a dish, and luckily for Scott, he has plenty of fish to grill up for meals. 



dinner

Along with his 'house', Scott's garden also got a bit of an upgrade with a new bee box, which is a huuuge help when it comes to evolving plants.

 



He got one of the new bug boxes from Eco Lifestyle, too, although I can't remember which type of bug I started him off with. I'll probably have him buy a few extra boxes so that he can raise each type of bug down the road. 


After checking in on his garden, he heads over to the beach to do a little more dumpster diving, where he found himself a new bicycle!

I was hoping for a tub of some sort, but I'll settle for the bike; it's a pretty good way to raise his fun without using electronics. 


bike

snorkel

puddle

volcano


mars

Leo popped over for a visit, and decided to help Scott out in his garden. 



These two really get on like a house on fire. I'm pretty sure they maxed out their friendship bar by the end of this rotation?

Of course, I was planning on getting them together again - they were just so sweet in my first save, and I have missed playing them - but I didn't quite intend for that to happen so soon, haha.


After another round of harvested crops, I was able to swap Scott's bush for a real toilet, and move his crops into the fenced area. (I originally put the fence up to prevent Mars from jumping into the bush at every chance he got...)


He also got a tub for Mars, which I ended up going to into debug mode for, because I wanted a bath tub that actually looked handmade. 

 

Same goes for the new toilet, which Mars happily began to drink from as soon as Scott finished giving him a bath. 


lick

Of course.

Hoping to get the next round of updates out soon! I know there's a ~new expansion~ set to be announced on the 20th, and it would be nice if I was caught up to where I am in-game by the time that's available to play. (Assuming, of course, that it's not as bad as the new Star Wars pack...)

No comments:

Post a Comment