Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 4.3


The Mortis siblings also start their rotation off with a change of housing, but are sticking to the same neighbourhood I original moved them into.

>
I believe their new house is made by the same person I downloaded their first starter home from, but once again I did a bit of redecorating on my own before moving them in.

I did end up using the free real estate cheat to move them in, because they really needed more space in order for them to be able to fit the new hobby stuff from Eco Lifestyle, but I reduced their money down to 2.5k after, so that they'll need to save up again to expand the house and finish decorating.



The kitchen and the living room got fully decked out as usual, and then I kinda just slapped enough furniture in the bedroom and one bathroom to make them functional, haha.


They actually only have room for two bedrooms at the moment - which seemed like it was going to be a bit of an issue, until I realized murphy bed ghosts can't actually sleep in beds at all.

So, much like vampires need to feed on sims to fulfill their hunger, Felix will actually need to posses other sims to get his energy bar up.


I'm pretty pumped about this unexpected development - it's definitely more interesting than taking care of his needs like a regular sim, but still needing to eat and use the bathroom keeps him from being too overpowered like my former vampire ghosts, I think.


I also discovered Felix now seemed to have a slight obsession with future cubes, but I'll get to that a little later on in the update...


I didn't make any big changes to Felix or Cole, but Olive got a little a makeover thanks to the new pack items, and some of the new makeup they added.

I am in love with this new hair in particular; it's so perfect for Olive.

I also swapped her outgoing trait for the new green fiend trait (though I might swap that out again for the recycle disciple one instead), and switched Cole's creative trait for the new maker one. 


I am also in love with their new backyard patio, which I also touched up when I redecorated the inside of their house.



Olive's now got a lot more room for her plants, and they've got a nicer spot to relax outdoors. I do wish there was a bit more room for a pool or a hot tub, but I can always fix that by moving their house to a slightly bigger lot in the future.


I also ran into a slight problem with Cole and Olive this rotation, where they had some extra university credits they definitely should not have. (I think I accidentally marked them as unplayed while doing some makeovers, and the game signed them for the next term while they were briefly considered npcs).

I was able to transfer the pre-patch versions of them over to this save, which solved that problem, but it did mean they lost some of their skills (like all the spells Cole learned), and some relationships...


So, while I was able to restore some of their relationship scores with each other (and with Olive), Cole and Felix will have a bit more flirting to do before they can try for that first kiss again.



I was pretty amused when I checked their whims during this bout of flirting, because Cole wanting to ask Felix out pretty much made sense, but Felix wanting to bang Cole is just so hilariously out of line with his unflirty trait.

Which means it's perfectly in-character for Felix, I guess!



>
I'm still using the same version of Felix that I started with, and since installing the new pack, I've noticed he's picked up a few... quirks. Not the roommate variety, but he seems very interested in programming lately, and that future cube, as I mentioned earlier.

At the time I thought it was a bit odd, but I decided to lean into it, and let Felix try applying for some universities. I haven't quite decided what I want to do with him yet, but maybe he could go into the hacker branch of the criminal career, since he's built a decent amount of programming?

Something a bit mischievous just feels right for this Felix.


>
At some point, someone got a cozy little fire going, and it didn't take very long for that to go wrong...


>

Well, it didn't take very long to get the new firefighters to show up in a rotation!

Unfortunately I didn't actually get to see them put out the fire though, because a sprinkler popped out of the ceiling, and extinguished it before they got to it. I think that might be a feature of the smoke alarm used in the house, but I'm not 100% sure.


And speaking of fires and other flammable objects, it seemed like a good time to get the Mortis siblings into some candle-making!

It took me a few minutes to figure it out - I kept missing that you needed bits and pieces to make the candles, so I was really confused when it wouldn't let me make candles even though Olive had collected some beeswax.

Eventually, I figured out that she could rummage for pieces in the trash, so that's exactly what she did.



>
Now, I was originally going to have candle-making be Olive's thing, but once I switched Cole over to the new maker aspiration, I realized he was also going to have to get his fabrication skill up by making candles, so I decided to make it his hobby instead.

I figured since Olive's also got her beekeeping and gardening, she can be his supplier for beeswax and juice-making ingredients instead.


Unfortunately, their garden doesn't have anything that Cole can actually juice at the moment (I think he needs a higher skill before he can make stuff with herbs and flowers), so I ordered him some starter packs of fruit to make his first few batches of juice with.


>

>
I decided to send Felix and Cole out on a date one afternoon while Olive was at class, to see if I could get a little more flirting going.


They did a little bit of karaoke, and then Cole went inside to do some homework, so I directed Felix to join him at the table.




After Cole tried and failed to flirt with him, Felix pulled out his future cube for some love advice, and that didn't seem to go over very well either...




I think the cube is giving him garbage advice, guys. Poor Felix.


He was in a good mood when they returned home, and his university acceptance letter had just come in the mail, which I thought would keep him in a good mood...



...but then his gloomy trait kicked in, and the poor boy decided he'd better just make some popcorn, and read a book to cheer himself up.



Cole pulling his homework out on their "date" reminded me that'd I'd been slacking off a little on making sure all his university work was done in time for the weekend, so I had him drink a needs potion, and pull an all-nighter to finish everything off.


Despite their failed date, Felix happily accepted a rose from Cole once he was in a better mood, so who knows what's going on with these two.


At this point in my game it was Friday night, and Cole's juice had finished brewing, so I thought it might be nice to send them off to the pool with some drinks to enjoy the nice weather.



Cole and Felix continued to be bad at flirting (probably because Felix was in a bad mood), so I just loaded them up on juice while Olive enjoyed the pool.


>
Eventually the juice did its job, and put Felix in a better mood, so he was a little more receptive to Cole's flirting.





>


And several hours of flirting later, they managed to share their "first" kiss again!


Olive was more than happy to just chill at a table by herself, and finish up her homework while those two idiots finally worked out their feelings.


Now that it was the weekend, I decided to focus a little more on Olive for the day, and get her a new job. The conservation career just wasn't quite working out, and I'd had a sudden change of plans, which meant that I could give it to another, more suitable sim instead...

So, since I had switched Miko over to the new civil designer career, I decided to give her old charity career to Olive, because it seemed like it might be a good fit for her instead.

I had her back the "We Speak for the Trees" cause, since that tied in nicely with her green thumb personality.


>
She and Cole joined Ulrike Faust for a little bit to help finish a mural, and then she managed to get Ulrike to back her cause.

Looking back at these pictures, I am just now noticing that I gave her, Olive, and Cole the same pair of boots in three different colours... (She has the same shorts as Olive, too, but tbh I slap those shorts on almost every female sim I make.)


After her day out in the city, Olive returns home to sample some new plasma fruit juice, which is a really fun addition! It doesn't give a huge boost to the thirst need, but it's nice that they actually coded in a special juice for vampires.

I have a feeling the bizarre fruit from StrangerVille also does something special, then...


She hits the streets to fill up the rest of her thirst bar, and as you can see, Felix also nabbed himself a victim while she was at it.


I've been thinking about who I want to set Olive up with in this save, and I think I've come to a decision, so I tried sending Olive out to the gym in San Myshuno, because I've run into this sim there a few times before.


She didn't find who I was looking for, but she did run into Knox, so I had her chat him up a bit.


Eventually her next shift for work started, and she was asked to protest in the fashion district, so I decided to knock that task out while she was still in the city.


>
Back at home, I decided to send Cole to the magic realm for a bit, so that he could collect a few more frogs for their new home. (I unfortunately forgot to save their current frog collection before moving them...)

I then remembered that I'd updated a mod I had that removes the confident buff sims get from having a familiar equipped, so I was able to have him summon Hopper for the remainder of the rotation.


I also bought him some extra spell books, since he'd forgotten all the spells he'd already learned when I had to replace him.



Felix was feeling flirty, which lead to some smooching later that afternoon, and poor Hopper was forced to watch.


Cole really did need to catch up on his spells, though, so I had to interrupt their smoochfest for some more spell practice out in the garden.


After relearning another spell, I decided to have Cole work on his new aspiration a little bit more.

His next goal required him to recycle some items, so I loaded the household inventory up with some cheap chairs, and took him down to one of the community spaces in Evergreen to do some recycling.


After he'd gotten his bits, pieces, and aspiration point, I had him dumpster dive for a bit, to see if he'd get any new furniture items, or dyes for his candles.


When you're a magical frog but you're forced to watch your owner dive in a dumpster for three hours.



Cole ran into one of the new premades when he popped out, and while she didn't look too impressed by his dumpster diving, she did seem very taken by Hopper.

Can you blame her?


Olive then joined Cole at the lot for a little midnight feast, while some randos started getting it on in the dumpster behind them.


I waited around just long enough to see who it was, so that I could name and shame them before sending my group back home.

It was the Bjergsens, who've always struck me as very boring up until now... 



It was at this point that I finally took a look at Felix's inventory, and noticed the man had somehow accumulated over twenty future cubes. I noticed he had a couple when I checked his university letter, and I deleted them, but after a few days of gameplay he'd apparently gotten them back, and a dozen extra to boot.

It was time for an intervention.

This turned out to be a bug with the neighbourhood action plans being applied to NPCs - which Felix was up until the start of this household's rotation, and then not getting removed once new action plans were put into place. The future cubes and programming were tied to one of the techy plans, which Felix must have picked up at some point.

I've downloaded a mod that is supposed to help, but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet, so I'm not entirely sure if it will fix Felix or not. Hopefully it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment