Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 4.2

As I mentioned at the beginning of Andy's update, I ran into a little bit of trouble with Jeff and Alec's household crashing this rotation.

Thankfully, I was able to go back to an earlier save point, so I only lost about a day of progress for them. I was definitely on edge playing the rest of their rotation though; I'm having so much fun with these guys in their new save that I would have been really sad if I lost it due to corruption.

>
Save issues aside, Jeff starts the rotation off strong by coming home from his first soccer practice of the week with another injury.

So far all the injuries I'd seen were after I'd pushed my sim harder at soccer practice, so I didn't realize the injuries could happen outside of that.


He hops on Alec's computer the next morning to look up some soccer strategies - can't slack off just because he's injured! - and manages to break it immediately.


Alec of course, came strutting into the room right as the computer started to smoke.



He sat down on the bed to talk to Jeff, and then pulled this face, and the timing of it all was just too good.

"It was a piece of shit anyways, bro. What kind of weak-ass laptop can't handle some manly men playing soccer?" is what I imagine Jeff is saying in this picture.


Alec had a class to go to, so Jeff stayed behind and did some push-ups while waiting for a repair person to come. The repair person then refused to fixed the laptop, so after all that Alec had to repair it himself when he came home from class anyways.

I'm normally annoyed by computers breaking, because they're too expensive to replace if I need them fixed quick, but the timing of the whole debacle with Alec happily strutting in right as Jeff bricks it was just really funny.


Once the useless repairman leaves, Jeff happily marches downstairs to have a little practice with his soccer squad.


And Alec, luckily, doesn't need to use the laptop right away anyways, because he's got a presentation to give this term instead of a paper.


I'm not a huge fan of sending them to the commons for food, so these two have been surviving off whatever food the dormies leave lying around the kitchen.

Sometimes, that means having pasta primavera and lobster for breakfast. As you do in university. :P


In addition to stealing food from their dorm mates for a quick meal, I've found that having them woohoo after classes is a great way to get their fun, social, and hygiene needs up at the same time.


I'd make a joke about how the rest of their dorm probably hates them, but one of the dormies left a note lying on the floor that said "I may not be the best roommate, but at least I'm not Alec Winchester" so I'm pretty sure they actually do.

Sometimes I've found the dormies leaving dramatic-ass notes when my sims do absolutely nothing wrong, but I can't really blame them in this instance. If I lived in shared housing with a couple that took all my leftovers and fucked daily in the only bathroom, I'd probably be a little salty, too.


Miko seems to like the boys, at least, because she dropped by to give Alec a little present! It was super cute.

I don't remember what it was, because this was the point in my save where I had to backtrack a day, but she did bring him a present in both versions.


In this version she hung around a little bit to play some chess with Alec, while Jeff prepared for soccer practice by taking a nap.



While Jeff is at practice, Alec takes a trip to Deadgrass Isle, to use the stove at the museum. Mostly because it was the only community lot I could think of off the top of my head that still had a stove.

I decided that I wanted him to be my secret society member this save, since he's the only one without some kind of hobby, club, or job. One of the ways you can get in is by making an offering using an excellent dish at the statue, so I figured Alec's cooking skill was probably high enough to manage that.

 
Now we wait!


>
  >
The secret society showed up two nights after, and Alec was accepted into the club!


I think the faerie/sprite aspect of the club could have fit Olive or Cole just as well, but I do like the idea of Alec belonging to a secret club.

Perhaps that's where his mission to become the ultimate vampire slayer started in this 'AU' save? The faeries make him do it. (I've never actually read any of the game's lore about it, so I could be entirely off-base with that idea, haha.)


>

The Foxbury mascot wandered onto the campus as one point, so Jeff pulled a 'it's just a prank, bro!' move to show him what's up.


Jeff's got some extra time before his Friday game, so he and Alec go out for an afternoon dip in the Britechester river.



>
Then Jeff's off to his game, and Alec takes a trip to the old ruins to take care of some of the club's first tasks.


His first meeting is that night, and he gets a special set of robes and a mask to wear for it.

He spends most of the first meeting just spamming the social interactions for club points, so I didn't really take any pictures of it. The secret society could definitely be improved by making it into a club, like the soccer team.

I might have to make some extra secret society friends for Alec...


 >
Alec's got all of his classwork done before the weekend, so he's free to take Jeff out for brunch on Saturday morning.


They are accompanied by Alec's new sprite friends.



>
>
The food comes super fast again - like when I sent Cole here - so I don't know if they've patched something that makes restaurants run smoother, or if this particular restaurant is just really good because it has two cooking stations.

Either way, it's my new favourite restaurant to take sims to! I've been saving my other favourite, Shimuzu, for some fancier dinners down the line, when Jeff and Alec aren't students. I think having Alec learn all the experimental dishes might be a nice goal for this save. 



Still love the feed a bite interaction. <3


>
After their brunch date, Jeff's gotta get ready for his next big game, so he meets up at the gym with the rest of the Britechester soccer squad in San Myshuno.


 Alec might not be part of the team, but he came and tried his best anyways.


Jeff's soccer game glitched and he got booted out of it in the last 30 minutes, so I'm not sure who won, but he did win the game on Friday, so I'm hoping that won't affect his performance too much.

I'm still banking on him getting that job chance card to get him a spot in the athletic career without needing to graduate. Alec's only got one more term left after this one, so I really hope he gets it soon...


I sent them out again on Sunday for their usual date day, and this time they went to a karaoke bar in Windenburg, since they left before the karaoke started during their outing with Andy and Miko.


I also invited the girls, and Jeff's soccer buddies, in hopes that they would join in on the karaoke fun, but they were much more interested in the bar.




I was able to get Jeff to buy them a round of drinks, so they all enjoyed a celebratory barley beer together.

Note Alec giving the guy sitting beside Jeff the ol' side-eye in the background.



Since no one else was interested in using the karaoke machines, I had to have Jeff and Alec do a few rounds by themselves.


Alec was a really bad singer in particular (it was pretty painful to listen to), but he seemed to have enjoyed himself.


He was able to fit in another meeting with the secret society that night, and after spamming all the conversation options once again, I was able to rank him up to the last level, which unlocked all the robes, and special interactions for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment