Saturday, May 23, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 2.3


I think Animal Crossing came out right around the time I was going to start writing this update, so I didn't get much further than uploading a few pictures to my blogger draft, haha.

I am now writing this update well over a month later, with quarantine brain, so let's see how much I remember. ;)

>
I believe I gave Olive and Cole a two class course load each, since I wanted to them to have enough free time to work on levelling up their occult statuses alongside school.



Oasis Springs is still getting some warm weather, so Cole makes himself a pitcher of lemonade to help cool down.


It must have looked very delicious, because I caught Felix helping himself to a glass as well.

I sometimes forget that he can still eat regular food in this save, because I'm so used to him being a vampire.


The two of them went out to do a little star-gazing later on that evening, in hopes that it'd help them bond a little.


>
>


I like the variety of food you can have your sim make when they learn some of the city living recipes, so whenever I get the chance I like to send Cole downtown to eat.


Taking a trip down to San Myshuno also offers some nice dining opportunities for Olive, too. :)



Felix has also been sampling some of the city food whenever Cole cooks it at home, and like Cole, he hasn't quuuite built up his spice tolerance just yet.


>

Olive's bees are finally producing honey, so that gives them a little extra bit of income every now and then.

I think they will also be able to produce wax for candle-making in the new Eco Lifestyle pack? So I'm thinking I might have Olive take up that as another hobby.


Olive does actually have a job in the conservation career on top of school - I just don't usually have her do the tasks, because most of them require her to visit Sulani. As a result, she really doesn't earn much from it.

I might look into giving her one of the new careers from the pack, but I'm not entirely sure yet that the city planner one really suits her, and I think the maker one would actually be more suited to Cole. 


Either way, Cole and Olive are two terms into their degree at this point, so even if I do change my career plans for them, I'll probably still have them finish their current degrees first.



Since my sims usually live in apartment lots, I kinda forgot that mud puddles could form after it rains - and that sims could slip in them.

It was highly entertaining to watch both Cole and Olive wipe out one after another on their way home from class that day. I should really play more residential lots.


>
Cole's really been slacking off in the magic department, so once they reached the weekend I sent him over to the magic realm to start practising his magic skills.



I tried having him ask one of the sages to teach him a new spell, but she refused, so then I tried to have him duel her for some knowledge, and that went just as poorly.

 

He was able to gain a little bit of experience from experimenting with the cauldron, though, and learned a new potion in the process. 

There isn't quite enough room on their current lot for a cauldron, so up until now Cole hasn't even touched the potion-making side of magic.


He has, however, gotten very good at painting. I'm hoping to move them into a bigger lot soon, so that they'll have enough space for all their current hobbies, and maybe a few new ones from the upcoming packs...

Someone definitely needs to make some garage 'juice', and I think Cole and Alec are my best candidates. Alec, because the thought of him making some hipster juice is amusing, while Cole would definitely have the best access to ingredients with Olive's garden.


And speaking of hobbies, I bought Olive some bigger planters, so that she could grow a few more types of  flowers, and a flower arranging table to start crafting some bouquets.


I don't plan on having her open a flower shop this time around - if I do start another business, it'll likely be to sell things made by both her and Cole. 

 
>
Another short update for this round, but I have a feeling that these two will be getting some much larger updates once I get my hands on that new pack. ;)

I may have already pre-ordered it, because I am weak...


No comments:

Post a Comment