Thursday, November 14, 2019

Rotation 11: Rudolf


I'm currently waiting on Discover University to drop, so I figured why not write up a quick Paraneighbours update while I'm at it?




Camille has started working on her singing skill this rotation, so that she can start singing along as she works her way through the different instrumental skills.  So far she's picked up guitar and violin, and I think the keyboard still counts towards the piano skill, so she just has the pipe organ to learn once she's done those three.





Felix was able to top his doctor career after another shift at the hospital, and since I'll be playing Will through the same career, I will probably stop following Felix to work at this point.


Camille needed to throw a Kava party for her beach life aspiration, so I invited the Mortis clan over to join in on the celebration.


Camille wasn't actually able to prepare the kava (I think because she is a teen?), so I had Felix make it instead.


Also, Leo was there, for some reason. I've noticed that some of the later party types like the charity ball and lampoon parties allow guests to show up invited, which is kind of fun for big events, but a little annoying when you're just trying to throw a party for the family.





They managed to earn a gold for the party after a few rounds of toasting, successfully completing Camille's aspiration goal.

Her next 2 goals were to eat a bunch of grilled food, and find some things beach combing, which weren't super exciting, but were easy to complete.



Since I wasn't following Felix to work, I had a bit more time to explore Sulani with Cole.

He found the conch shell that summons nearby mermaids, but there weren't any hanging around the beach, so Cole still hasn't quite figured out that they exist yet. I should have him ask Camille if she's a mermaid and see what happens...


>



I've been meaning to try out some of the new siren interactions while Camille, so I sent her to one of the beach lots, and had her play with Monet the dolphin while she waited for some victims sims to appear.





Most of the mood-changing siren songs aren't super useful, but the love song is nice if you want to woo some hot merbabes.

The ones that let you call up an ocean threat also intrigue me, although I'm not too sure that they suit Camille's personality. I think I'm more likely to make her a flirty siren that just wants to seduce a bunch of sims rather than drown them.


Nalani - the mermaid from the trailer, also happened to be hanging around the beach, so I made sure to have Camille introduce herself.




Cole has some time off work, so he paints some of the nearby landscape in the rain (seems like a poor idea, but you do you, Cole), and then takes a moment to soak up some sun once the clouds clear up.

Naked, of course, because that's how Cole rolls.


My custom skins hadn't been updated for IL yet, so he did not get a tan, unfortunately. Thankfully they're up to date now, so all my sims can get tans and burns, and not just the ones with default skin.


>
As I mentioned earlier, it didn't take long for Camille to find 10 things while beachcombing, and I think she actually managed to find the whole collection of buried treasure this rotation.



I have not managed to encounter the sand castle competition yet, but Cole took some time to practce his sand-sculpting skills anyways.

I'd probably catch more of the Sulani events if they lived near the main beach, but I like the spot where their current house is. :P



>
Camille needed to explore the cave for the next part of her aspiration, so they took a little trip to Mua Pel'am after the beach.



The very last goal she had was to fall asleep in a lounge chair, which she was able to do with ease.

It would have been nice if the aspiration had included some more of the Sulani culture - aside from the kava party, it was very easy to complete without having to explore much of the world.  would have liked to see a requirement like 'enter a sandcastle competition.'

Anyways, I'd like to have her team up with Kunal to do some adventuring in Selvadorada, so she'll be taking on the jungle explorer aspiration next.



Felix spent most of this rotation working, but he did play a little song for Cole on the piano when he got home. Again, he's such a stealth flirt!


Cole blew him a kiss during the serenade, which was adorable.


Camille hopped on the piano after her dads were done flirting, and picked up a little of the piano skill before their rotation ended.

I'm a little sad we didn't get any new instruments introduced with University, but I'm hoping we might get a hobby pack or two in the future. The packs they've put in the new community vote seem very hobby-based. 

(Also, what are you guys voting for? I'm personally going for Happy Haunts because I'm a sucker for the occult, but I would not be disappointed if Arts and Crafts took the first vote!)

No comments:

Post a Comment