Monday, September 9, 2019

Rotation 10: Talbot





>

Surprise! Scott joins the Rudolfs in Sulani this rotation, albeit on his own lot. Mars celebrated by immediately taking a dump in front of their new house.

Scott will be my first 'off the grid' household, and I'm super stoked that they added it in, because this combined with the new odd jobs is exactly the type of lifestyle I wanted to give Scott when I initially made him.

Of course, having no internet will make taking odd jobs a little harder, but that's a problem for me to worry about later...


No super house tour this time, because tbh the lighting isn't great on off the grid lots, but it's good enough to play with.

It's basically just a slight makeover of the original lot - a bit of repainting, some extra decorations courtesy of Scott's various collections, and some dog supplies for Mars.



Also, a swing set outside, so that Scott has a reliable way to get his fun up.




The first thing Scott does is track down a fishing spot, so that he can start working on the angling ace aspiration, and become the ultimate nature man.

Mars gets that cute little shark fin vest as his everyday outfit, so that he'll change into it whenever he goes swimming.


And swimming he goes!


It was extremely cute until I realized that he had swam back to the island so he could eat a pile of garbage...


One day in, and he's already compeltely filthy.

Now, off the grid does have one pretty big flaw - which is that there are tub/shower combos that work with the trait, but you can't actually use the bathtub portion of them.


So, Scott brings his filthy dog over to the beach lot on the main island, where I plop down a tub so that Mars can have a bath.


After that, Scott steals someone's canoe, and almost fishes up his dog.


I noticed a conch shell had spawned later in the day, so I had Scott pick it up so like Camille, he could perhaps meet a few merfriends eventually.


He gets lucky, and one of the custom mermaids I added to the hood happened to be on the beach when he blew the conch. She came running up to him, and after bit a of questioning, Scott learns all about the existence of mermaids.


Scott was a bit more interested in all the sand sculptures covering the beach - I'm guessing there must have been a sand castle building event at some point? I wish they notified you about the island events the same way they do for the City Living ones.

The only event I know you get a notification for is the turtle hatching event after you clean up the island, so I'm glad Scott won't miss those baby turtles, at least...


>
After he Scott-stomps all the sandcastles, he's in need of a shower, so I send him back home to test out the new waterfall location.

There's an option to shower nude, which is the obvious Scott option, so that's what he does.


Afterwards, I discover you can put out some bait to attract frogs!!!


:) :) :)


Frog catching is interrupted by this random townie laughing maniacally on the beach. I tried to have Scott confront him about his 'wrongdoings', but he just yelled at Scott, which made him angry.



Scott does a little fishing to calm down, and discovers an... interesting looking fish.


He swims out to greet his new fishy-tailed friend, whose name is Leo Ptolemy.

If he looks familiar, he used to be one of the custom aliens that I added to the hood, but I realized that he'd make an adorable mermaid, and decided to convert him once I got Island Living.



It's a bit hard to chat in the water - Leo kept trying to swim off, so Scott invited him to do a little fishing instead, and they bonded over that for a bit before Leo left to go sleep.


Back at home, Scott tends to some laundry the next morning.

The off the grid trait is the perfect place to use the manual laundry stuff, and so I decided you know what? Scott can start washing his poopy pants by hand. Maybe it will encourage him to poop his pants less.


Mars enjoys it, because it leaves a lot of puddles on the ground for him to lap up.


I also thought the woodworking bench sort of fit in with the off the grid theme, since it would allow Scott to start crafting some of his own furniture.



He's interrupted by a bit of volcanic activity, and after the giant rocks cool down, he's able to crack them open for some crystals.

There's an option to touch them while they're still hot, and I really wanted to have him do it, but I waited for him to finish what he was crafting first, and missed it. :(


His crafting project had been to finish these new garden planters, which he would eventually need to work on the botanist aspiration.



Leo called him up to go out to a restaurant, but I wasn't really feeling that, so I sent Scott over to Leo's beach lot to chat instead.




>
The next day, Leo invites Scott out again, and like the day before, I opted to just send Scott over to hang out with Leo instead.


They move from casual conversation to a bit of flirting, and Leo seems to be into it.


Leo's clearly already got Scott's phone number, but that doesn't stop Scott from asking for dem digits anyways.


Then he goes in for a ~bold~ pick up...


...and whoops, there goes Leo's heart.





I knew I'd made the right choice with Eugene when I saw how easily these two flirted together. There were no awkward encounters, no rejection, just Leo falling for Scott hook, line, and sinker.


He's such a little cutie, I'm so happy that things worked out with him and Scott.





I was finally able to get some tent woohoo going, thanks to these two having some actual chemistry.

Eugene and Scott were absolutely not having that when I sent them on vacation, and none of my other couples have gone camping in tents yet.



And then they had a little fun in the bushes, which sort of makes it Scott's new first date tradition.



I found Mars lying in a pool of water and drinking it when I sent Scott back home to check on him, which is just such a Mars thing to do .


>
>
I then discovered the waterfall is a new woohoo spot, so obviously I had to send Scott and Leo over to test that out, too.

Can Scott really be the ultimate nature man if he hasn't woohoo'd in every possible outdoor scenario? I think not. ;)




I wish it had a new animation, buuuuut that new kiss animation we got for the water kinda makes up for it, at least to me.





>

Leo calls Scott to come hang out yet again, but this time it's for an actual date, so I accepted.


They go to a restaurant that I found on the Maxis gallery page, and honestly, this is probably my favourite premade lot. I'm really not sure why they didn't include this one with Dine Out; the other premade restaurants look so half-assed in comparison.


Scott reserves a table, and the hostess straight up sasses him! I've never seen that before!



Despite the hostess' sass, they do get seated, and Scott draws a little picture while he waits for someone to come and take their order.


The guy next to them looks like he's juding Scott just a lil.


I scope out the rest of the restaurant while I wait for their food to come out, and I spotted Liv and Zoe having a nice romantic dinner together!


The food came... and Diego Lobo immediately stole Scott's.


He immediately pulled out his phone to take a 'gram of it, which tipped the situation over from 'infuriating' to 'mildly hilarious'. It's just seems like such a Diego Lobo thing to do.


Since Diego Lobo hadn't actually bothered to eat any of the food, Scott was able to steal it back, and continue his date with Leo uninterrupted.



I did sneak a peek to see what Liv and Zoe had ordered, and it seemed very in character for both of them - Zoe had some sort of chocolate-y looking desert, and Liv had some tentacles.


Leo left after they paid the bill, and Scott wandered the streets of Del Sol Valley for a bit, chasing pigeons.



He made some good progress on the angling ace aspiration, and I think he might have even finished it this rotation? That, or he finished it next rotation; I can't really remember.

Either way, I kept his new tropical catches at home in his fish tank as he progressed through it.


>
Leo moved in at the end of the rotation, and I'm planning on having him do the new conservationist career, so that he and Scott can clean up the island together.

Leo is also working on the botanist aspiration, and I can't remember his traits off the top of my head, so I'll add him & the rest of his stats to the households page next time I load up my game. ;)


Knowing that the botanist aspiration can take a while to complete (it's evolving those 10 plants to excellent, man), I had him get a head start on it this rotation by planting some of the new island harvestables.


>


No comments:

Post a Comment