Monday, September 9, 2019

Rotation 10: Rudolf

>

It's time for a change of scenery! The Rudolfs moved to Sulani at the end of the last rotation, and it's finally time to show off their new beach house.

It's a renovated version of the Pier Perfection lot, and I don't remember what lot traits I gave, it, but I am 100% it has the good acoustics one.



I tried to incorporate some of their old furniture into the living room, like their old coffee table, succulent planter, and the canvas storage system.



The kitchen has a new look from their old one, but carries on the blue/orange colour scheme I'd been using in their apartment, and their new living room.



The upstairs adds a little laundry area to the house, and a chess table for building up the logic skill, as Felix's analyzer station no longer fits.



I really liked their old apartment's living room, but I definitely like their new beachhouse bedroom a lot more than their tiny apartment bedroom. The beach vibe just suits Cole so well, and then there's a bit of Felix in there with the greys and very pale blues.



Camille's bedroom is pretty small, but very bright.

She seems like the type who'd spend most of her time outdoors, anyways, so in a way I feel like having a small bedroom for just the basics suits her.



They have a smaller bathroom downstairs, but the one upstairs is a little larger, in order to fit both a tub and shower. For reasons.


In addition to the new house, Felix and Cole also get some new island looks!


Cole continues to work on his master painter aspiration this rotation, as well as working his way up the painter career track.


Felix was working on the last stage of his music aspiration, and just needed to play an instrument for 75 hours, and mentor another sim in an instrument for 3 hours.



Camille is working on the beach life aspiration, the first goal of which is to get a tan. It was pretty overcast their first day in Sulani, so I ended up sending her out to do a little diving instead.




>
>
The sun does actually come out enough for Camille to try for a tan towards the end of the day.


Felix seems to have some concerns about this.



Eventually he wanders off to go watch his husband, instead, and when Cole sits down in the kitchen for some dinner, Felix pulls a piece of cake out of the fridge to eat with him??

Felix, sweetie, you don't need to eat human food. He looks so sad about it, too!


Camille manages to achieve her first tan, and shows it off to Kunal, who just happened to drop by their house later that night.

It was cute, I like how they added in tanlines for the different outfits, but I got rid of it after this because it made her freckles look a bit odd.



In one of the comments from an older update, I was tipped off about a 'Give the WooHoo Talk' interaction that parents could do with their children, and as soon as I heard that I knew I needed awkward Dr. Felix Rudolf to deliver one to Camille.



Needless to say, it turned into a Very Awkward Encounter for the both of them.


Felix followed his talk up with a little violin lesson for Camille, which went over a lot smoother. He managed to finish the last goal of his music aspiration, and is now working on the renaissance sim one.

I'm hoping to have Camille master each of the instruments (plus singing), so Cole and Felix being able to mentor her in two of them is a big help here.


Kunal came over again for a visit after school, and Camille suckered him into helping out with a school project.


Felix did a bit of yoga with a view on the upstairs balcony...


And then a group of islanders dropped by with some surprise food.



Cole accepted it, which turned out to be a mistake, because it was made with meat and it immediately made him sick.


He did get the chance to befriend Leila IlLes, though, which is good because Cole and Felix really needs some friends that aren't Liv and Zoe.

I think she's also in the painter career track, so that'll make them co-workers.


>

Felix continues to fool absolutely no one with his claims to be "unflirty".



Camille has started working on some of the new island collections, and I like that the treasures come with their own fancy display stands.


Eventually she'll need to throw a kava party for her aspiration (which happens next rotation), so I had her pick up some kava at the beach shack in preparation.


 She finds a conch shell on the beach, which should come in handy for finding some mermaids later...


...and one of the new aqua-zips, which she then proceeds to almost run someone over with.



Back on her home lot, she makes friends with a curious lil dolphin, but it abandons her before I have a chance to try out most of the interactions.



Meanwhile, Felix makes some upgrades to their dryer to prevent any future fires, and very slooooooowly makes his way through 3 novels for his aspiration.

Sims seem to really hate reading in this game? Whenever I tell them to read a book, whether it's a regular novel or just a skill book, they'll try to put it down at any chance they get.


After I managed to get him through those 3 novels, one of his next goals was to craft something on the woodworking table. Seeing as he has a maxed out violin skill, and a high handiness skill, I was able to have him craft his own violin, so that Camille wouldn't have to keep stealing his.


>
I spent most of the week fastforwarding through work and school for these three, which kinda sucked because I was excited to explore the island, but I did get a chance to send Camille out to Mua Pel'am at the end of the rotation.


I was told by several guides that I'd be able to find mermaid kelp in the caves on the island, and I figured that would take a while, which was why I wanted to wait until Camille had a whole day off to do it.


I have terrible RNG luck, so after a few hours of cave exploration I gave in, and just bought the kelp with aspiration points. I'm glad it's so easy to make mermaids, but I was kind of hoping that there'd be a bit more of a quest for Camille to go on, haha.

Lucky for Camille, I've got Jungle Adventures now, so in a few rotations she can form her own cousin exploration team with Kunal, and do some real questing. ;)


With her new mermaid abilities, sh'e ables to call over an ~azure dolphin~ which is exactly like the other dolphins, but blue.


She has the option to name it, so I called it Monet. It will be her dolphin, and everyone else will just have to befriend one of the basic bitch dolphins instead.


Yes, this was the only reason I gave them a bathtub, haha.

Normally I'm not against a titty shot on my sims blog, but Camille's still a teen, so I made sure to give her a tattoo version of the mermaid scales, so that she'd be appropriately covered if I wanted to show off her tail in the tub.


Camille ends the rotation by picking up the guitar, and adding a third instrument to her repertoire. I know that if sims have a certain singing skill they can sing along as they play, so I'll have to start working on that some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment