Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Paraverse: Rotation 3.3

A little later than I intended it to be, but here's the last of rotation 3!

>
Olive and Cole's rotation begins with a trip to the magic realm, because I needed to have Cole pick up a few things. Felix decided to tag along for funsies, because I used some cheats to change a few of his roommate quirks at the start of this rotation.

I was hoping that by giving him the clingy quirk, he'd be able to join them on more outings, but he disappeared almost immediately, so I'm not sure that it worked at all.


Cole wasn't really there to socialize anyways, so he just went about his magical business, the first of which was looking for some frogs.


The second thing on his list? Look for some more frogs, of course. I was finally able to buy the glowfrog from the shop, and give Cole a proper familiar.


 It just seemed fitting for him, you know?


His little froggy friend's name is Hopper, and I know that sounds like a basic bitch frog name, but my first thought was "haha, like the artist, I'm so clever" before I realized most people would probably not recognize the name Edward Hopper, haha.



You might recognize this painting, though!


Anyways, Cole headed back home with his new froggy friend, who I did not summon for the rest of the rotation...


I also managed to squeeze a cauldron into the backyard for Cole, because it's kind of hard to stay in the magic realm for long periods of time when I also gotta make sure Olive gets her homework done and stuff.


On that note, getting Olive's career tasks done can be equally challenging, partially because of the whole vampire thing.

I'd been slacking off on getting all her tasks done - the research one is pretty easy to knock out at home, but I've been ignoring the ones that require her to leave the lot so that I can focus more of their time on homework and magic realm trips.

Her performance bar wasn't looking too good though, so when she got another round of Sulani-only tasks, I sent her out one night to complete them.


I figured I'd send Cole along with her, and Felix tagged along too. I was expecting him to disappear like the first time I sent Cole out, but apparently he was too distracted by Cole's gun show to ditch them right away.


He still left a few minutes later, but not before admiring the show.

I love how he eats up Cole's flirty flexing despite that unflirty trait we all know he has.


The umbrella and giant sunhat seem a bit overkill considering it's the middle of the night, but you do you, Olive.


>
I tried to have Cole collect some frogs from the waterfall, but that option never seems to work for me, so he did a bit of snorkelling instead.


>

He did meet a new dolphin friend, and fed it a fish, so at least there's that.


Olive was starting to get a little hungry, so I decided to send them over to a beach on the mainland, so that she could find a townie to snack on.



Said townie was Leo, poor boy.

He does not have a Scott in this save yet, buuuuut there's a good chance we might see some more of those two very soon! ;)



With her dinner taken care of, Olive and Cole hang around a little bit longer to build a sand sculpture together.

A shark seems like a very fitting choice, considering the little feast Olive just had...


>
Back home it's a little chillier, so Olive swaps out her swimwear for some cold weather clothes before working on her garden.


Felix must be feeling extra social that, because he came out to have a little chat with her.


I've been nudging Cole towards him in hopes that he'll autonomously make a move, but so far no luck.

I did give Felix the same quirk that Ariel's roommate has back in the other save, but the clingy quirk doesn't seem to be working the properly, either, so I'm not actually sure if I even used the cheat properly, haha.


>
My back-up plan if I get tired of ghost Felix is to have Cole bring him back to life with his magic, so I've been stocking up on spellbooks whenever I send Cole off to the magic realm.

It's a bit pricier than learning from the sages, but they tend to forget who Cole is by the time I get around to playing him again, so it's definitely quicker to buy the books than to build up a friendship with them every time I want him to learn a new spell.



>
>

Olive's been slowly working on flower arranging skill between classwork and career work. It doesn't make quite as much money as Cole's paintings, but they'll need every simoleon they can get in order to move into a bigger house in the next rotation or too.



I've also had her start working on the wellness skill, for that future ability to teleport to the Sylvan Glade.

I was thinking I might have her join a certain... secret society on top of all this, but I'll have to see what they've got time for next rotation. Maybe Alec would be better suited for that?


I did have Cole track down the art society though, because I've yet to play a sim through it, and he was obviously the most fitting choice.



He joined in on one of their life drawing sessions (outside, in the snow, that poor model oh my god), and then asked to join the club.

I thought it was kinda funny that all 3 club members were ladies, because that's basically how all my classes were in university.


Since I was having so much fun with Jeff and his soccer squad, I thought I would do the same with the art society, and make them into an actual club with some fun little uniforms.

I figured this way, even if I don't have a ton of time to play all the club stuff while Cole is actually in school, they'll be able to keep meeting up after he graduates. 



 >


Back at home, a puddle of mud claims Olive and Felix as its victims this rotation.


I tried to have Cole magically clean Olive up to save her some time, but it backfired on the two of them instead.

Luckily, no Olives were hurt.


But, speaking of things backfiring...


I was hoping that editing Felix's roommate quirks would make him more likely to initiate some romance himself, but what I wasn't anticipating was that he'd get himself into a relationship with someone else.

I guess changing the quirks must have worked after all!


There was still a little hope though, because Felix's new boyfriend decided to start an argument with him almost immediately after arriving, while Felix was on the toilet.


 I mean dude, come on. Give the poor man a little privacy.


Felix was highly unimpressed by this, and they argued back and forth for a bit, before the boyfriend left. He had a thought bubble with some crossed out hearts at one point, so I could only assume this fight was them breaking up.


This was all very good timing, because the romance festival took place on one of the last days of the rotation, and I thought I'd send Cole and Felix over, since Felix was clearly in need of a new man.


I had Cole drink a love potion, in addition to the sakura tea, to increase his chance of successfully flirting with Felix.


Felix was not super into flirting at the festival (I guess he occasionally remembers he is actually supposed to be an unflirty sim), so I sent them back home to see if that would help at all.




Getting Felix in a flirty mood, and giving them a bit more privacy seems to have worked, because he accepted a lil mistletoe kiss from Cole after a bit of flirting.


Remember how I foolishly thought that Felix had broken up with his old boyfriend? Yeah, it turns out that wasn't the case...


I don't know how he figured out that Felix was getting flirty with another guy, but he showed up almost immediately to yell at Felix.

Not that Cole or Felix seemed to care...


The boyfriend stormed off after some yelling, and a couple slap fits, and I'm still not entirely sure if he has actually broken up with Felix?


Felix definitely seems to have moved on though. I guess we'll have to see what happens with these three next rotation!

I'm hoping to move them into that new house I've been mentioning, so Felix might get upgraded from roommate status in order to move him, too. Hopefully that will solve the little love triangle I've accidentally created, haha. It's highly entertaining, but I'm more worried that it might bug their relationship, and prevent them from getting engaged or married down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment