Sunday, April 7, 2019

Rotation 6: Winchester


Time for rotation 6! If you haven't already, I suggest reading the round-up I posted; it covers all the aspiration/trait changes I've made to the gang, the bonus traits they've earned since I started, and any new sims joining this round.

It does contain some spoilers for what the twins look like as kids, so if you'd prefer to keep those a surprise, then feel free to skip it until you've read the update. :)


First, some changes to the apartment. Jeff got some more equipment for his workout room, since solo trips to the gym are a lot more challenging to work in with two new babies.



Alec's hobby room got converted into a second nursery for Polly and Cas, because the room I was using for their original nursery was a bit small, and I wanted more space. I stuck all their toddler stuff in here, and will be using the old one as extra space for toys once it's free.

I also figured I'd give the twins their own rooms once they're teens, so it was only a matter of time before I turned it into a bedroom, anyways.

Bonus, they have their own special little alien birth certificates!


I was able to tuck Alec's woodworking table into their main living area, but sadly the foosball table had to go. They didn't use it too much anyways, so it wasn't a huge loss.



'What are this?'


Polly got a gift from her PT mom, apparently? I think it ended up being a toy robot. Poor Cas got nothing. :(



The twins both aged up right at the start of the rotation. They're very cute as toddlers, and as kids, but I've discovered alien genetics are broken as fuck past that stage.

Allow me to demonstrate this with a picture of Andy. 


On the left, the cute, spunky lil bisexual alien we know and love. On the right, some bizarro version of Andy with a tiny nose, pointier chin, and also her eyes are beginning to migrate to the side of her head, for some reason.

This is what happens when I age her from young adult to adult. It's ridiculous that a sim I made changes that much from one adult lifestage to the next.

Anyways, I've already devised a plan to fix this using some ~fancy cheating~ with MCCC. I copied the twins' faces onto normal human children, and aged them up to get their teen/adult faces. From there, I'll paste the faces of those clone sims onto the original sims as they age.



Broken genetics aside, I love the twins. I went with wild as Polly's toddler trait, because I wanted one kid to be a mini-Jeff.


And then clingy for Cas' trait, because it's one of the few toddler traits I haven't used yet.

I like that Jeff looks like he's cheering him on. You can do it, mini-bro!


I turned their old nursery into another play area after getting rid of the kids. Jeff began playing with the activity table immediately.


I would die for them.


Mealtimes for the babies are amusing, because Alec usually ends up cooking the gourmet dishes, so instead of eating PB&J sandwiches like Luna and Ariel, Polly and Cas usually end up grabbing a serving of whatever Alec's eating.


Cas' clingy trait seems to extend to Rocket, because he followed him into the bathroom at one point and sat down next to him on the floor to eat his cereal.


Polly wasn't too wild this rotation, but she was extremely prone to throwing food on the floor. It reached a point where I actually would not let them feed her in the high chair, because she would just dump her entire plate of food on the floor.

At least when she helped herself to something she would eat it!




Jeff maxed out his relationship with both of the kids by the end of the rotation, and I think both of them became good friends with Rocket, too.




Alec doesn't have quite as a high of a relationship with the twins as Jeff does, but it was super heartwarming seeing him autonomously check up on them and play with them throughout the rotation.


He's also totally re-evaluated this opinions of aliens it seems; he got this moodlet from bonding with the twins.

I love that it says 'Discovering Aliens', Mr. "What do you mean my neighbour is an alien?" continues to forget that he has already befriended an alien.

(Also, look at all those whims for Jeffery; very sweet!)


Alec bonding with Rocket is similarly sweet; it's just nice seeing him treat everyone like family, despite the fact that Rocket's not technically his dog and Polly & Cas technically aren't his kids.


Andy popped in for many visits this rotation, and much like Jeff she was also drawn to the activity table, meanwhile Alec did not touch it once during this whole rotation.


She played some racing games with Jeff, who became very upset upon losing.


Jeff stormed off after to go take an angry poop or maybe a cold shower (it's always one or the other when Jeff's upset), so Andy had a little chat with Polly instead.


Lacie made an appearance too, but it was to play with Rocket. Lacie has no time for listening to babbling babies, okay. She has priorities.


Priorities like helping herself to Alec's cooking, which Jeff now eats with tiny bottles of juice, apparently.

It's just so hilariously small next to his giant hand.


I guess at some point he must have planned a prank with Andy, because I got this pop up. Of course a bunch of jocks would fall in love with a workplace llama; it's basically just a mascot.


Cas discovers Alec's garlic, and thankfully the most mischief he can cause with it is just playing with some gardening tools.


And speaking of garlic, it's time for Alec to put it to use again! He hasn't really been curing many vampires (or opening any restaurants...) because of their lack of funds, but they had a little extra this rotation, so I was able to have him mix one vampire cure!


I sent him off to Carlotta's apartment, not to fight her, but to fight her girlfriend, Lilith...



She kicked his ass the first time (I was actually kind of surprised; he's got a maxed out fitness skill from all of Jeff's training), so I had him fight her a couple of times.


It's a good thing Carlotta's apartment has such high ceilings!


While Lilith and Alec battled it out upstairs, Carlotta was just taking a casual dip in the pool downstairs. Jasper was there too, although he did wander upstairs at one point to watch the fight.


Eventually I figured out that Lilith's super strength vampire perk was overriding Alec's high fitness skill, so I popped back in to clear her perks with a draught of reconfiguration.

It would have been impossible for him to win otherwise, and I wanted a fair fight!





He was able to beat her in their final fight no problem, after getting his ass kicked five times by Lilith with super strength.




Carlotta and Lilith then just kind of left Jasper alone in the apartment with Alec for a bit? So I stayed to see what they'd get up to.


Alec got hungry, so I let him use Carlotta's fancy kitchen to make himself a fancy breakfast.




I learned the hard way that if you do this while a sim is home they'll literally kick you out, but Jasper didn't really care, so Alec got to eat his breakfast of victory in peace.


They didn't get much alone time this rotation, but when they did have a clear queue they made a beeline for each other. It was very sweet. <3

Also very sweet: Rocket rotated between sleeping at the foot of Jeff and Alec's bed, and by the twins' beds. What a loyal good boi. <3 <3



Not so sweet: Cole and Lacie being noisy bitches this rotation. Normally I laugh when Jeff suffers through some noise complaints, because he's such a noisy bitch himself, but both times this rotation it woke the twins up, so I felt for him.



The twins would wake up from a nightmare almost any time I had them go to sleep, so it was extra frustrating. At least they were sort of able to comfort each other.


Rocket was also there to comfort them, but this was wasn't received as well.


They had a small playdate with Ariel this rotation. I probably should have sent them off to a park; there wasn't a lot for them to do at the house besides stand around and babble at each other.


Cas was upset because stranger danger, so he cried a little and then left to go decorate the hallway outside the apartment.

Rocket looks like he knows this is not a good idea.


Meanwhile, Polly and Ariel were very happy dancing together in the kitchen.


The adults also got a little playdate this rotation, which Miko and Andy initiated by showing up uninvited.


Thank you, Andy. Very helpful.

It's a little hard to see, but the garbage she's playing in is some food Polly threw on the floor, before I figured out that serving her food in a high chair was a bad idea.


They had a shit ton of appliances break this rotation, so towards the end I had Alec do a few upgrades.

I'm not sure if the sturdier upgrades actually prevent the items from breaking down so fast, but the extra stuff like adding a bidet to the toilet seem to work, so I figured I might as well try and see what happens.


I did switch Alec over to the master chef aspiration this rotation, because he wasn't making much progress on his other aspiration, and I thought he might finish this one a little bit faster.


Jeff got a new chance card at work! I don't have fame turned on for any of my other Paraneighbours aside from Carlotta and Lilith, but I accepted it regardless, because how could I say no to "Hunks & Dunks"???

The promotion he got was a nice bonus.


He would.


 His new job description is also hilarious. I should probably make more of an effort to read these.













I'll wait until they're kids to recap how many toddler skills they built, but both of them did finish potty training this rotation.

Polly even did a cute lil dance to celebrate.


The rotation ends with Rocket aging up, rather than the twins. I don't know how long the elder stage lasts for dogs, but I didn't want him to die, so I had Jeff buy & feed him a treat to age him back down to an adult dog.

Everyone knows that all pets live forever, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment