Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Rotation 8: Winchester





>
Cas and Polly brought home some school projects at the start of the rotation, and I was very excited because they got my favourite one!


Andy happened to be hanging around the apartment, so she got roped into helping them out.

I'm pretty sure having adults assist the kids gives the project a better chance of being excellent quality, and I really wanted that solar system light, okay. If Andy's going to lounge around their apartment all of the time the least she could do is lend her lil alien brain to some school projects.


Hell yeah!



Cas didn't get as much assistance with his project, so he only ended up with a 'good' quality castle, but it ended up matching their room decor pretty well.


Speaking of school, these bratty little shits were back to tormenting my twins again.

Please, EA, let me hunt them down. Alec and Jeff are not above fighting children, okay.


Jasper!! I know all the kids at this school suck, but that doesn't mean you can just ditch school!

If they were teens I probably would have let them ditch, but Cas needed to get his grades up for school.


Later that night, Alec somehow woos Jeff with his terrible dancing.





Cas then interrupts their lil flirt session, and to my great amusement, I learned that if sims third wheel a romantic conversation, it turns into a "very awkward encounter".


Poor Cas.


Unfazed by traumatizing Cas, Jeff and Alec decide to relocate to the bedroom, and they actually end up being the first of my couples to woohoo autonomously, despite me having that enabled for ages.



Jeff enjoys it so much that he immediately decides he would like to woohoo a second time. Refractory periods don't exist in the sims, I guess.

I do not oblige him, because it is late and they need to sleep.


Then Alec, a man of science, forgets that he and Jeff are not actually capable of making a baby together, because he goes and rolls up this whim the next day.

Every time I play them, one or both of them rolls up this fucking whim, and it takes all of my willpower to ignore it, because they do not have the space for a third baby. It happened last rotation, and having played their 9th rotation, I can confirm they both got this whim again!

They're so dumb and it's so tempting to just give them the baby that they clearly want so much.


And speaking of the two children these idiots already have, Polly and Cas both completed their aspirations this round

I didn't bother assigning them a second one, because they're aging up next rotation and I didn't think they'd complete it in time. Besides, they've also got some more scouting badges to earn, and I figured those would be better to focus on.


I'm starting to grow a little tired of the holidays, but they had a pretty nice Winterfest all on their own this time.








They decorated a tree, exchanged some presents with the kids, and Andy popped by for a visit, so she got to join in on the festivities and enjoy some of Alec's cooking. 



The passionate kiss animation lined up perfectly with their bar to create a slightly more PG-13 kiss.


Lacie also stopped by for a visit after Andy left, and ended the night by having a little dance party with Jeff. All in all, a nice, simple Winterfest celebration.

I think I might try extending the seasons for the entirety of my rotations, rather than restarting the season every time I switch households? Then holiday would only pop up once, and I could just throw one big party with all my sims. I'll have to play around with the game settings and MCCC.


Jeff and Alec had some time off line up this rotation, so I sent them out for another gym day date.

I still really want Jeff to master that rockwall treadmill, I need to send him to the gym more often. 



He hasn't mastered it yet, but he does beat the first challenge, and set a new record!

I ignored the warning about cooling down and tried to have him do the second challenge, and it did not end very well, haha.


The kids still had a few more hours left at school, and Jeff had rolled up yet another whim to woohoo Alec, so I sent them upstairs to the hot tub.

I'm sure there's a joke I could make about 'relaxing muscles' and sex, but I won't do it. :P





Yeah, I think he looks pretty relaxed now.


Once the kids got home from school, I had Polly invite Ariel over to hang out for a little bit. Cas and Jasper have a pretty solid friendship thanks to Jasper giving him a key last round, but Polly isn't really close to any of the other kids, besides her own brother.


Ariel arrives, and decides to do a little bit of laundry for them. Off to a strong start, Ariel.



Polly was eventually able to lure her outside for a couple games of basketball. It gets late fast, and she leaves pretty quickly after that.


The next day they finally had the night on the town holiday pop up again, so I had Alec take a day off work to take Jeff out on a proper date.


I love that they can set drinks down on the foosball table!






This is my new favourite picture of them. <3 The full moon in the background just makes it look so pretty!




Kids don't celebrate night out on the town, so Polly and Cas have a little late night gaming session, and then head off to bed.

Look at Rocket being a loyal good boi once again. <3 <3



Since the twins didn't get a night out, I sent them to Windenburg the next day for a little skating andcafe goodies. I was hoping there'd be a little snow, but sadly there was not.




They did get a little bit of snow when they got back to the city, though! So they were finally able to go out and play in the snow.




I wanted to throw a New Year's Eve party this rotation, but decided it would be best to host that with andy and Miko, since they have a better house for partying.

So, the twins just invited over their respective friends to watch the count down.



I love that sims go around giving hugs and kisses after midnight, it' s super cute.


Now, at the end of the rotation Alec had progressed to the third level of his aspiration, and I realized he was going to need a rocket ship to complete it. Where the fuck was I going to put a rocket, though?

Thanks to the magic of the size cheat, I was able to shrink and fit a tiny rocket pad in their apartment to fulfill one half of that goal, and then I stashed it in their household inventory. He still needed somewhere to launch the rocket though, and I didn't want to invade andy's house every time to do that, or wait for the geek con to line up, so I built Alec a little something special....


Behold, Alec's secret rocket bunker. It's build on a generic-type community lot, which apparently means that no sims apart from your controllable sim will show up, which is perfect for a secret bunker.


The little fenced off area in the back contains the rocket pad, ready and waiting for Alec to start building it, which he'll have to do next rotation.

I put a lot more effort than needed into the interior of the bunker so, here, have a couple pictures.



The entrance is designed to look like a mundane little garden shed, nothing secret hiding here, nope.


Inside the main room of the top floor, he has a laptop to do some top secret research (not that he actually has any need to), and a punching bag to work on his fitness skill. Again, he has no need to do that since he's already topped it, so I figured it will serve as a good distraction for Jeff while Alec works on the ship.


This corner kind of makes it look a little murder shack-y, but Alec is a vampire hunter, so it makes sense that he would have a place to stash some weapons.




Downstairs has a door that connects the bunker to the rocket launch area, and a bunch of computer-y clutter from Get to Work and Get Famous.

Of course, StrangerVille would have been the perfect pack to build a bunker with, but it didn't go on sale until after I finished building this lot, naturally.


 One last thing, here's the full size version of their new family photo of the twins with Rocket!


2 comments:

  1. Hey - Jeff and Alec are capable of making a baby! Just go into CAS and set it so that one of them can get pregnant and the other can get people pregnant and hey presto, pregnant gay dudes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I actually have a mod that lets same-sex couples have babies (it's how all of my other couples were able to have some kiddos), I don't want to give these two a third baby because they don't have enough space in the apartment, haha.

      Delete