Thursday, June 20, 2019

Rotation 7: Rudolf

>

I've fixed my MCCC settings so that festivals and walk-by scenarios will stop putting sims in situation outfits, but that doesn't stop Camille from starting ff this rotation with a ~lewk~ of her own.

Definitely Felix's baby.



Felix completed his good vampire aspiration some time last rotation, so this rotation I switched him over to the musical genius one from the creative aspirations.

He finished the first two levels very quickly, so this rotation I've mostly been working on the third level goal that has him write 4 songs. Felix has the perfectionist trait, which makes him take longer to craft things, so the songs take him a good amount of time to finish.


Cole likes to pull out his guitar and jam along with Felix, which wouldn't be at all helpful in the real world, but it's kind of sweet in the sims.

Camille gets a tablet so she can build all her skills alongside her dads, and Scott wanders in because?? He probably got lost trying to find his apartment.


The apartment still has the haunted trait from when Jeff and Alec were living there, and Caleb shows up this rotation!


He yells at the bear for a bit, and then takes a nap on their bed.


Felix finishes his first song, so I had him license it at the mailbox for some extra cash.


I haven't been following him to work too much this rotation, because I want to be able to build Camille's toddler skills, but he did work enough to get another promotion.


With his promotion he gets a fancy new lab coat to replace his scrubs (can't wait to see how he accessorizes this the next time I need to send a sim to the hospital), and more child patients to treat.






Cas actually got cured twice this shift, because immediately after he got discharged from the hospital, he came back with another illness for Felix to cure.


Liv comes over for a visit, and so does another ghost. I just love the very dramatic look she's turning around to give Cole.



Eugene finally stops haunting the plants and makes an actual appearance, and it's kind of funny how they all freaked out over the plants floating, but didn't give a fuck about the now-visible ghost in the apartment.



Cole definitely did not give any fucks, because he left to go yell at Jeff, who was busy actually giving a fuck in his apartment.

Terrible joke, I am sorry.


They don't actually have room for a bathtub in their apartment, so when Camille finally needed a bath I kind of just plopped a tub down in her room.


This led to another ghostly encounter, which consisted of this Windenburg ghost taking a mud bath. In Camille's room. As she slept.


He got out after a while, and wandered around the apartment in a towel for the rest of the night.

Once again, no one seemed to give a fuck.



>
I discovered that you can find elements by using the chemical analyzer, so I decided to see if I could have Felix complete a full elemental collection using it.


He got pretty far, but I haven't had any luck finding the last three with it, so I might have to send him out to do some collecting to get them.


This was the only picture I took of their Harvestfest celebrations, because it's a really boring holiday for these three. Felix doesn't eat, Cole's a vegetarian so he only has one option to choose from anyways, and Camille's a toddler so she doesn't actually do anything for the holiday yet.




Jeff, Alec, and Lacie seemed to have much more exciting plans for Harvrstfest, because they had two noise situations that night.


Eugene made another appearance that night, and Liv hung out with him for a bit.

This really wasn't their most exciting rotation, but they did have a lot more ghost activity than usual. I wonder if moving a ghost into the building again helped with that?


Camille's birthday finally arrived, and I had Felix bake her a cake.


Felix.


Felix started a fire, and then just walked the fuck away from it, leaving Liv and Scott to deal with it.

One unexpected thing that I really like about the apartments is that if your sims start a fire, their neighbours can run in to put it out.


Once the fire was put out, I was able to have Cole celebrate Camille's birthday. I'm not sure where Felix disappeared off to at this point, but my best guess is that he was playing his violoin somewhere, possibly out in the hall way.


Camille is adorable, but very much a mini-Cole. I'll have wait until hits her teen years to see if she's got any features from Felix, because right now it doesn't really look like it.

I went with creative as her aspiration, and music lover as her trait. Aside from Felix and Cole, I don't really have any musical sims, and with Get Famous it might be fun to try and have her become a famous musician.


Felix returns to the apartment to check out the new addition of a game table, which I bought in hopes that it'd give Camille something to do with Kunal.



While Felix was off doing who knows what, he apparently encountered some ~action~ out in the halls, or possibly out on the streets of San Myshuno, because he had this moodlet.

I'm not sure what he could have seen, because I don't play with wicked whims, but if I had to take a guess I'm going to say it was probably Jeff and Alec, since they're the only couple in the building.

This brings me to the portion of the update that I like to call 'Felix is a fucking liar.'


Felix is a liar, because in spite of his 'unflirty' trait, he's one of the flirtiest sims I have.

Do you see this? I have never, ever had a sim autonomously initiate a suave kiss, and between the two of them, I really would have expected Cole to be the one to initiate it. Nope. All Felix.


Most of my sim couples will occasionally come up and give their partner a kiss on the cheek, but Felix and Cole just go for a full on smooch. Doesn't matter which one of them is initiating it. Always a smooch.


Now, Cole definitely initiates some of these on his own, which makes sense because he has the romantic trait, and I'd expect him to initiate flirts more often than most sims.

What I also expect, given that Felix gets uncomfortable moodlets from seeing other couples engage in PDA, is that he'd be embarrassed or more likely to turn these flirts down when they're in public, or if other sims are around, and that just never happens.


He even seems to roll up whims for romantic interactions more than some of my other sims? Jeff and Alec also frequently get them, but then I have sims like Carlotta who just don't roll up any whims for their partners.

(I do like that he's very energized here, because he looks like he's really pumped to kiss Cole.)


Basically, my point is that aside from that PDA moodlet, Felix's reluctance to accept flirts in the very early days of their relationship, and the different names he has for romantic interactions, he's just not that unflirty.

I'm not necessarily upset, because I think it's kind of hilarious that he's a stealth flirt, I just wish EA did more with this trait. I really would have liked to see him have different animations that were a little more shy, or have him be more prone to getting embarrassed moodlets from being affectionate in front of other sims/in public spaces.


Anyways, here's Wonderwall.


I discovered Felix had a little doctorate stashed away in the household inventory, so I put it up in their bedroom.

Now if they could just do a university expansion with some actual degrees, that would be fantastic. ;)


Felix seems to get sick more often than any of my other sims, and it would be great if sims in the medical career had some sort of special interaction to cure themselves.

I'm not sure if he just has bad luck, or if spending time around sick patients at work gives him a higher chance of getting sick, kind of like how Andy gets abducted more often from the scientist career.




Prank day rolled around, and Camille made the mistake of going out into the hall and introducing herself to Jeff. He disappeared inside his apartment, and then came back out to blow an airhorn at her.

Jeff she's a child.


Speaking of children, Kunal came over on the last day to have a small playdate with Camille.




They played with a llama table for a bit, and then the romance festival started up so I sent them down to Planet Honey Pop to play some arcade games while Felix and Cole enjoyed the festival.


They were able to renew they vows with the wedding arch, which was cute.

Again, Felix didn't seem to give any fucks about getting re-married in a public venue at a big festival. Or care about all of the flirty sims they were surrounded by!



I did end up hopping back on for a few sim hours, because the song that Felix licensed got nominated for a Starlight accolade.


Sadly he did not win anything, but at least some of the guests bothered to sit down this time.

Not the most exciting update, but I had some ~special~ plans for them next rotation, so that one should be a bit more interesting. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment